Information for study support mentors and note-taking
Working as a study support mentor
The links below offer information and tools for those working as student mentors.
- Read more about mentoring in the mentors’ handbook (download for free from the SPSM website)
- Form for agreement between a student and a mentor (PDF 109 kB – currently only available in Swedish at lu.se, English version soon to be published)
Supporting a student with note-taking
The brochure below offers tips and advice for mentors supporting a student with note-taking.
Remuneration and time-keeping
In order to receive payment for your work as a student mentor, you need to submit the form below together with a time sheet for the relevant period to Disability Support Services. The form is to be signed on both sides by you and by the student you are supporting. NB: to receive payment for your work as a mentor, you need a Swedish personal identity number!
- Student mentors are paid SEK 120 per hour (doctoral students SEK 220).
- Note-taking support is paid SEK 45 per hour.
Payment of student mentor salary
Submit the salary claim form at the end of the semester or when you have completed the time sheet. The deadline for submission of the salary claim form and time sheet is 28 February for work in the autumn semester and 30 September for work in the spring semester.
If you submit your salary claim for by the 25th of the month at the latest, you will receive payment at the end of the following month. This does not apply to the months of December and June as Learning Support is closed over Christmas/summer. In December and June, you must submit your salary claim form by the 15th at the latest in order to ensure that you will receive payment by the end of the following month.
Disability Support Services
Sölvegatan 29, Lund
Map on hitta.se
Diability Support Services /Student Support and Advising Services
221 00 Lund
Contact the coordinator for the faculty where you are studying:
carina.argelius [at] stu.lu.se
+46 (0)42 35 6704
- Campus Helsingborg
christel.berg [at] stu.lu.se
+46 (0)46 222 3490
- Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts
- Faculties of Humanities and Theology
- Faculty of Social Sciences
kristian.frennessen [at] stu.lu.se
+46 (0)46 222 8681
- School of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Law
- and Bachelor’s degree programme in Political Science.
christina.rowa [at] stu.lu.se
+46 (0)46 222 7050
- Faculty of Engineering (LTH)
- Faculty of Science
- and School of Social Work.