International Credit Mobility (ICM) grant for students
Conditions for Erasmus+ ICM students
To be eligible for an Erasmus+ ICM grant, the following conditions apply:
- You must not have not been on an Erasmus exchange for more than a total of 12 months per study cycle (Bachelor’s, Master’s and research studies are counted separately), including the time period applied for in this application.
- You must have studied at Lund University (full time) for at least one year by your date of departure.
- You must have been nominated for Erasmus+ ICM exchange studies through Lund University.
- You must have been admitted to a course at your host university (admission decision)
- You must be eligible for a credit transfer upon returning to Lund University (as stated in the Learning Agreement).
- Your exchange studies are to extend for at least three and no more than twelve months. If your period of study changes so that it is less than three months, the grant must be repaid.
- You may not accept another grant or other funding from EU bodies/the Swedish Council during the exchange period.
- You must live in the host country during the study period.
- You must sign the Grant Agreement before the start of your mobility and submit it to the ICM Mobility Coordinator.
- A Learning Agreement needs to be in place before the start of the mobility. It needs to be signed by the student, the home university and by the host university.
- You have to fill in the online student evaluation sent to you from the Erasmus+ Mobility Tool before completing your mobility
- You must submit the Confirmation of Study Period form to the ICM Mobility Coordinator at External Relations, Lund University at the end of your exchange. The form must be signed by your host university.
- You must notify the ICM Mobility Coordinator at External Relations, Lund University of any changes that affect your ICM period.
- The mobility period refers to the period of time which is spent at the host university, in order to participate in activities which are recognised as part of the mobility. Distance learning is not accepted.
How to apply
Apply for exchange studies at ICM partner universities through your faculty.
Once you have been selected for an Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility study place through your department/faculty you will receive instructions on how to proceed to receive an ICM grant.
The Erasmus+ ICM grant
The Erasmus+ ICM grant consists of two parts: A subsistence allowance and a travel grant. In general, the Erasmus+ ICM grant is intended to contribute to the additional costs of your stay abroad and might not cover all the costs. The subsistence allowance amounts to EUR 650 per month and EUR 21.66 per additional day.
The ICM travel grant is a contribution to travel and visa costs in connection with your mobility. The grant is calculated based on the distance between the grantee’s host university and Lund University. Tickets must be purchased by the grantees themselves.
Travel distances and travel grants
Between 100 and 499 km - EUR 180
Between 500 and 1999 km - EUR 275
Between 2000 and 2999 km - EUR 360
Between 3000 and 3999 km - EUR 530
Between 4000 and 7999 km - EUR 820
8000 km or more - EUR 1100
The grant is paid in SEK to your bank account. An initial payment will represent 70% of the estimated total amount of the grant. The remaining 30% is paid at the end of the mobility, once you have submitted the form “Confirmation of Study Period” and filled in the online evaluation sent to you through the Erasmus Mobility Tool.
Important notes regarding the payment of the ICM grant
To receive the grant before the start of your mobility, you must submit the requested documents in good time, that is, as soon as possible once you have received the nomination mail and no later than two months before the start of your mobility. Your signed Grant Agreement must have been returned to the ICM Mobility Coordinator no later than the 15th of the month prior to you receiving your first payment. The payments are made on the 25th of each month. To make sure you receive your first payment before you leave, you must submit the signed grant agreement no later than the 15th, two months prior to your departure. For example: If your mobility starts on 20 October, we must have received your signed Grant Agreement by 15 August, in order to have time to transfer the money before you leave, in which case you will receive the money on 25 September. Exceptions to this rule may apply during holiday periods and/or if Lund University does not receive money from the Swedish Council for Higher Education in time. Students who go on an exchange in August or September normally receive their first payment on 25 September.