Welcome to Lund University
Here on our international website you can search for courses and programmes and find information about tuition fees, scholarships, housing and campus life at Lund.
Top reasons to study at Lund University:
- Ranked a top 100 university in the world.
- Sweden’s top-ranked university.
- Sweden ranks second best in the world at providing higher education by the Universitas 21 ranking.
- A top 100 university for graduate employability according to the New York Times
- The #1 choice for international students studying in Sweden, offering a choice of over 100 international degree programmes, as well as exchange and PhD studies.
- Founded in 1666 - one of the oldest and broadest universities in northern Europe.
- A non-profit, public university with 47,000 students.
- Global class environments where students gain cultural perspectives and develop international networks - highly valued by employers worldwide.
- The breadth of the University creates excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary research and education.
- Lund University is a member of international research-intensive university networks such as LERU and U21.
- Lund is home to over 30 world-leading research environments and is the location for two of Europe’s largest research facilities currently being built; ESS and MAX IV.
- Students in Lund are given excellent opportunities for business interaction, as the city, with its unique, world-class environment for technology, knowledge, innovation and entrepreneurship, hosts an impressive breadth of global companies.
About the city of Lund and Sweden:
- Lund is considered the best student city in Sweden with the unique combination of traditional student nations (social clubs), an academic society and student unions organising events and activities year round.
- In Lund, students can experience the rich history and cultural heritage of a Swedish medieval university town and at the same time be a part of the dynamic and international atmosphere created by Lund University students and staff.
- Lund is only 10 minutes away from Sweden’s third largest city and 40 minutes from the international airport in Copenhagen, making it a great hub for travel throughout Sweden and Europe.
- Swedes have the highest proficiency in English as a second language in the world - English is spoken by 89% of the population, allowing students to have a unique European experience without language barriers.
- Sweden is one of the safest countries in the world and ranked as one of the best in which to live.
- Sweden is ranked as the most creative country in the world, has one of the highest levels of gender equality and is well known for its eco-friendly culture.