Application period open for autumn 2013 studies
19 October 2012
Lund University has now opened the application period for studies commencing in autumn 2013 (September 2013). Over 90 Masterís degree programmes across a broad range of subject areas as well as Bachelorís level studies are offered for the 2013 academic year.
Key dates for this application round
15 January 2013 – the deadline to apply online at www.universityadmissions.se
1 February 2013 - the deadline for all supporting documents to have been received by the University Admissions office in Sweden
1 February 2013 – the deadline for payment of the application fee
It is expected that three new Bachelor’s degree programmes (also taught in English) in the subject areas of Mathematics, Physical Geography & Ecosystem Science and Physics will open for application from approximately 1 December 2012.
In the latest 2012/13 university rankings, Lund University has again been ranked as a top 100 University, placed among the top 0.4% of the world’s universities.
- QS ranking: 71st place – Lund University is the top-ranked university in Sweden
- Times Higher Education: 80th place – Lund University is the top-ranked university in Sweden and the top-ranked, full-scale university in Scandinavia
- Sweden as a country is also ranked second best in the world at providing higher education by the 2012 Universitas 21 Ranking, placed behind the USA
Lund University is currently participating in two student competitions:
- Challenge your Perspectives – a student competition for USA citizens to compete for a full tuition waiver and a place on our Master’s in Environmental Management and Policy programme. Entries close 4 November 2012.
- Challenge yourself India – a student competition for Indian citizens to compete for a full tuition waiver and a place on our Master’s in Wireless Communication programme. Entries close 11 November 2012.
- The Lund University Global Scholarship (tuition only) will open for applications from 9 November. This scholarship progamme targets non-EU citizens with top academic grades.
- The Swedish Institute offers a number of scholarships (living costs and tuition) for citizens of selected non-EU countries.
- Lund University participates in several Erasmus Mundus Action 1 joint programmes and in the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 projects, which offer scholarship opportunities to non-EU students.
Keep updated with the application process for this international application round and post your questions on the Lund University Facebook page!
February 28, 2014 New engine could reduce truck emissions
February 27, 2014 Top 100 subject area rankings for Lund University
February 26, 2014 Lighting candles could be good for your heart
February 20, 2014 Even moderate air pollution levels affect pregnant women and children
February 06, 2014 Why did mammoths die out?