Programmes and scholarships for autumn 2013
13 November 2012
Lund Universityís application round for studies commencing in autumn 2013 (September 2013) is currently open. Over 90 Masterís degree programmes across a broad range of subject areas as well as 5 Bachelorís level programmes are offered for the 2013 academic year (for studies taught in English). The Lund University Global Scholarship is also open for applications Ė this is a selective, merit-based scholarship for top academic students. The scholarship is towards tuition fee costs and is available to non-EU students who are applying for Bachelor's and Master's level programmes at Lund University for autumn 2013.
Key dates for this application round
- 15 January 2013 – the deadline to apply online for studies at Lund University on www.universityadmissions.se
- 20 January 2013 – the deadline to apply for the Lund University Global Scholarship
- 1 February 2013 - the deadline for all supporting documents to have been received by the University Admissions office in Sweden
- 1 February 2013 – the deadline for payment of the application fee
- 1 February-11 February 2013 – the main Swedish Institute Scholarship application period
- The Lund University Global Scholarship (tuition only) targets non-EU citizens with top academic grades and is currently open for applications. The deadline to apply is 20 January.
- The Swedish Institute offers a number of scholarships (living costs and tuition) for citizens of selected non-EU countries. The application period for these scholarships opens between 1 February-11 February.
- Lund University participates in several Erasmus Mundus Action 1 joint programmes and in the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 projects, which offer scholarship opportunities to non-EU students.
In the latest 2012/13 university rankings, Lund University has again been ranked as a top 100 University, placed among the top 0.4% of the world’s universities.
- QS ranking: 71st place – Lund University is the top-ranked university in Sweden
- Times Higher Education: 80th place – Lund University is the top-ranked university in Sweden and the top-ranked, full-scale university in Scandinavia
- Sweden as a country is also ranked second best in the world at providing higher education by the 2012 Universitas 21 Ranking, placed behind the USA
- Sweden has the highest proficiency in English as a second language in the world according to the 2012 Education First English Proficiency Index
Keep updated with the application process for this international application round and post your questions on the Lund University Facebook page!
February 28, 2014 New engine could reduce truck emissions
February 27, 2014 Top 100 subject area rankings for Lund University
February 26, 2014 Lighting candles could be good for your heart
February 20, 2014 Even moderate air pollution levels affect pregnant women and children
February 06, 2014 Why did mammoths die out?