Lund University 350 years
During the 13-month jubilee, the University offered nearly 400 events that involved the general public, students, employees, researchers and collaborators.
The celebrations received much media attention and the awareness of the jubilee was high locally as well as in the rest of Sweden. One in five Swedes and more than 50% of the locals were aware that Lund University was celebrating its 350th jubilee.
An eventful jubilee year
During the jubilee year, five well-visited science weeks were organised. These science themed weeks highlighted some of the most important challenges of our time. Two weeks were dedicated to art and music: Live at Lundagård and Art in Time and Space.
We also organised a year-round jubilee course with 36 open lectures at the different faculties as well as the first-ever Alumni Homecoming Weekend and a magnificent party for students and staff at the University.
Other events included a jubilee medal auction, an exceptional super show, the unveiling of a jubilee sculpture in Lundagård and much more.
The jubilee magazine: Lund University’s 350th Anniversary – a look back at the 13-month year
We look back at the jubilee’s highlights in our jubilee magazine that you can download below.
Several of the science week and jubilee course lectures were recorded and can be found on our YouTube channel.
Here you can see the full programme as well as the programmes for the science and culture weeks. These programmes all open in a new window.
- Full jubilee programme (PDF 10 MB)
- Science week 1: Is the World Becoming a Better Place? (PDF 838 kB)
- Science week 2: The Digital society (PDF 700 kB)
- Science week 3: Sustainability Week (PDF 2.2 MB)
- Science week 4: The Amazing Brain (PDF 1 MB)
- Science week 5: The University of the Future (PDF 500 kB)
- Culture week 1: Live at Lundagård (PDF 1 MB)
- Culture week 2: Art in Time and Space (PDF 1 MB)
The University’s history
Find out more about the University’s history.
- Read a brief history of Lund University
- Explore Lund University’s history with our interactive timeline
Several jubilee products were launched during the jubilee, among which were a book about our history, trays, scarfs and an umbrella. You can still buy these in the LU Shop.
Watch the Lund University 350 years video on YouTube