Sustainable, Inclusive and Climate-Resilient Cities
Capacity development programme based on Agenda 2030
About the programme
The capacity development programme Sustainable, Inclusive and Climate-Resilient Cities at Lund University focuses on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 11 – Sustainable cities and communities – of Agenda 2030. Since its run in this initial form, it has transformed into Co-design of Sustainable, Resilient and Inclusive Public Spaces and Services, which you can read more about below.
Innovation in the Public Sector
The aim of the initial programme was to strengthen the capacity of civil servants working in municipalities or regional administration to create sustainable, inclusive and climate-resilient cities. The programme combined knowledge of the effects of climate change on the urban environment, the value of green spaces for recreation, food production and climate adaptation.
The programme included four modules: an online course with independent tasks and studies, a two-week module in Lund, Sweden, a module in the participants' home countries where they worked on their change projects, and a concluding online conference to disseminate the results from the change projects.
The programme was developed and hosted by the Centre for Environmental and Climate Research at Lund University (CEC) and the Raoul Wallenberg Institute (RWI), in cooperation with Lund University Commissioned Education (LUCE).
The participants and the change projects
The participants came from Indonesia, Turkey and Zimbabwe. During the programme, they planned, coordinated, developed and launched an innovative change project. The purpose of the projects was to increase the possibilities for discussion around urban sustainability challenges in relation to climate in a concrete way, thereby deepening the learning experience.
- The final project report from the team in Indonesia (PDF, 286 kB, new tab)
- The final project report from the team in Turkey
- The final project report from the team in Zimbabwe (PDF, 219 kB, new tab)
More information about the programme Sustainable, Inclusive and Climate-Resilient Cities
- The programme brochure for Sustainable, Inclusive and Climate-Resilient Cities (PDF, 834 kB, new tab)
- Article about the programme Sustainable, Inclusive and Climate-Resilient Cities on LU Staff pages
- Article about the programme Sustainable, Inclusive and Climate-Resilient Cities on the RWI website
- An article about the programme Sustainable, Inclusive and Climate-Resilient Cities that was printed in the Swedish newspaper Sydsvenskan (PDF, 975 kB, new tab)
hiks [at] education [dot] lu [dot] se