Lund University once again the top choice in Sweden for international applicants
Of the total 74,620 students who applied to autumn 2017 Master’s degree programmes at Swedish universities, 26,223 chose Lund University programmes. This is an increase of 22% compared to the 21,448 students who applied for Lund University programmes in the 2016 application round.
This year Lund University received applications from 180 countries, with the most number of international applications made from Bangladesh (1,545), Egypt (1,176), UK (1,028), Germany (937), Pakistan (930), India (899), China (845), Ghana (830), USA (794) and Nigeria (664).
Lund has the most popular Master’s degree programmes in Sweden
Of Sweden’s ten most popular international Master’s degree programmes, nine are Lund University programmes.
- Master’s in Public Health (1,642)
- Master’s in International Marketing and Brand Management (1,547)
- Master’s in International Development and Management (1,466)
- Master’s in Finance (1,369)
- Master’s in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (1,301)
- Master’s in International Strategic Management (1,290)
- Master’s in Development Studies (1,242)
- Master’s in Management (1,204)
- Master’s in Accounting and Finance (1,183)
The deadline for students to apply for Master’s degree programmes at Swedish universities was 16 January.
Applicants have until 1 February to finish submitting their supporting documents and to pay the application fee (or prove they are exempt) to University Admissions in Sweden. Admission results are announced in late March.