Your browser has javascript turned off or blocked. This will lead to some parts of our website to not work properly or at all. Turn on javascript for best performance.

The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Coronavirus (Covid-19) information for students

Lund University is following the Swedish Government's and Public Health Authority’s recommendations and guidelines regarding measures to reduce the spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19).

If you are a new student who has just arrived in Sweden and have already received your first dose in another country, you can now make an appointment for the second dose in the Skåne Region (where Lund University is located). You can also make an appointment to receive your first dose if you haven't yet received one.

More information on how to book an appointment if you are a new international student –

You can also call Region Skåne's call centre on +46 (0)771 320 320, open Monday–Friday, 09:00–15:00.

If you were already at Lund University in autumn 2020/spring 2021 and have a Swedish personal identity number ('personnummer') and BankID, you may be able to book your appointment online. Otherwise you can call or visit your/a health centre ('Vårdcentral') to make an appointment.

Making an appointment for vaccination against Covid-19 –

You can find more information about the Covid-19 vaccination at 

About the Covid-19 vaccination –

If you have questions concerning the Covid-19 vaccination, you can call Region Skåne's call centre on +46 (0)771 320 320. They are open Monday–Friday, 09:00–15:00.

The government eased restrictions – but the vice-chancellor’s decision still applies

See for more information

Latest decision by the vice-chancellor (17 June)

The latest decision was taken on 17 June 2021 and states that the University will, from the start of the autumn semester and until 1 November, carry out gradual and orderly adaptation to educational activities which are not restricted. This entails, among others, that teaching and assessment may be conducted on the University's premises.

The vice-chancellor decision in more detail

All Lund University's decisions and measures in relation to the coronavirus are published on a continuous basis at

Current rules and recommendations at the national level

Find current rules and recommendations by clicking on the links below. Note that most restrictions were lifted on 29 September. 

Current rules and recommendations –

Current requirements for foreign nationals travelling to Sweden

The Swedish Government has decided that foreign nationals entering Sweden from outside the Nordic Region must have tested negative for, be vaccinated against, or have recovered from Covid-19. One of three possible certificates needs to be presented upon entry to Sweden. 

Current requirements for foreign travellers on the Swedish Public Health Agency's website

Information related to your studies – autumn 2021

In accordance with the latest vice-chancellor decision from 17 June 2021, the University has, from the start of the autumn semester, begun gradual and orderly adaptation to educational activities (teaching and assessment) which are not restricted. This adaptation is to be completed by 1 November 2021.

The latest vice-chancellor decision in more detail

If you are in a risk group and prefer to avoid being on campus, you should note that, as of 1 November 2021, a certificate from your physician/psychologist or equivalent will once again be required:

  • for entitlement to special adaptations to teaching and assessment
  • to apply for approved leave from studies with a guaranteed place on return, or
  • to request a deferral for the start of your studies.

(Between 29 June 2020 and 31 October 2021, these rules were suspended to reduce the risk of infection and avoid overloading healthcare staff).

Your course director or programme coordinator will communicate to you directly how the corona-related restrictions will affect your education until then. If you have questions specifically about your course or programme, you can turn to them.

In the meantime, your student union is monitoring the quality of your education. If you have any questions, feedback or need help, you are welcome to contact them.

Libraries, study areas and computer rooms

Libraries, study areas and computer rooms are open to the greatest extent possible while avoiding the spread of Covid-19.

Bear in mind that you may need your LU access card to enter the premises.

Support for students

We have compiled a practical checklist that may help you keep yourself and others healthy during the pandemic. It comprises general guidelines and recommendations for everyday life in Sweden, on campus and in your accommodation, advice on what to do when you get symptoms, and whom you can contact when you feel stressed or anxious about the situation etc.

See the practical checklist here

The changing situation and anxiety in relation to the coronavirus are affecting us all. The Student Health Centre have assembled some tips for students.

Questions regarding your courses and examinations should be directed to your course director or programme coordinator. 

Exchange students at Lund University can contact their international coordinator or the international office at their faculty.

See faculty-specific corona-related information

For general questions about your stay in Sweden, how the University is dealing with the situation, or for any other question, you are most welcome to turn to the International Desk.

See their webpage for contact details and current opening hours:

The International Desk

The Academic Support Centre have compiled a number of tips to facilitate digital learning. 

Tips for when you are studying from home

The Student Chaplaincy offers counselling to students and staff, regardless of whether you are religious or not. The individual sessions are strictly confidential and free of charge. Counselling is also offered over the telephone or by video call. Telephone number: +46 (0)71 87 35, email: studentprasterna [dot] lund [at] svenskakyrkan [dot] se

Visit the Student Chaplaincy's website and find more contact details

Exposed to Covid-19 in the context of your studies?

If you have been exposed, or suspect that you may have been exposed, to Covid-19 in connection with your studies, the University is obliged to report this as a serious incident to the Swedish Work Environment Authority.

Please contact the person responsible for the study environment where you study and tell them that you have been exposed, or suspect that you may have been exposed, to Covid-19 in connection with your studies. The person responsible for the relevant study environment needs this information in order to review the current risk assessment to avoid infection in the study location. The person responsible for the study environment is to ensure that a report is filed with the Work Environment Authority.

Studying abroad

If you are planning to study abroad, it is important to consider a number of things and keep track of the situation in the host country and at the host university. 

What to consider when planning to study abroad during the ongoing pandemic


If you have any symptoms that could be connected with Covid-19, even mild ones, you should stay at home and avoid contact with other people. This also applies if you have previously had Covid-19 or are fully vaccinated.

A list of common symptoms on the Public Health Agency's website (under 'The virus and the illness').

If the symptoms have not disappeared after 24 hours, visit the website to see what applies in terms of testing. While waiting for your test result, you should stay home and avoid close contact with others.

Getting tested for Covid-19 –

You can either take a self-test or get tested at a local health centre.

Log in to and order a self-test. You need to have a Swedish personal identity number and an e-ID to place an order. The self-test is then sent to a pharmacy. Ask someone else to pick up and drop off the test at the pharmacy on the same day. You are not allowed to visit the pharmacy yourself, and you have to take the test at home. The instructions for the test are only available in Swedish.

About the self-test on

You can call your health centre if you do not have a Swedish personal identity number but do want to take a test. The health centre will decide if you should get tested or not.

Health centres

As a student at Lund University, you have insurance that ensures that you have the same opportunity to access health care as Swedish students if a sudden illness occurs. Treatment for a sudden illness should be understood to be treatment for symptoms that occur suddenly and that you seek care for shortly thereafter.

Your insurance cover

All students are urged to keep updated and closely follow the recommendations for infection prevention provided by the Swedish Public Health Agency.

News and information

To find accurate and reliable Swedish news in English, you can for example listen to Radio Sweden or read articles published by the online newspaper The Local

To learn more about the current situation in relation to the coronavirus in the Skåne region, you can visit the Region Skåne website.

Region Skåne website

The World Health Organization (WHO) and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) are reliable sources for information in English at the global level. 

Regarding face masks

Students and staff at Lund University are not generally required to use face masks. However, those wishing to use a face mask on university premises are naturally welcome to do so and there may be organisations within the University where the assessment is that face masks are required. Local decisions will be made in such cases.

Make yourself contactable

All students and staff are encouraged to provide their mobile telephone number in Passport. The University can then send text messages to you if needed.

  1. Go to the account management portal Passport.
  2. Log in as 'User'.
  3. Select 'Verification of contact information'.
  4. Follow the instructions.

Need medical assistance?

  • Contact the national helpline 1177 (+46 771 1177 00 if you're using a foreign phone number) if you need medical assistance*. Do not visit a healthcare provider without contacting 1177 first! Note that you should call +46 771 1177 00 if you're using a foreign phone number.
  • Contact 113 13 (+46 77 33 113 13 if you're using a foreign phone number) if you cannot find answers to your general questions online. 

*If you are not ill or are only experiencing mild symptoms, please consult the authorities' websites for information in the first place.