Current doctoral students
Doctoral candidates are employees
At Lund University, doctoral candidates are considered to be employees. That is, the University employs doctoral candidates and pays them a salary, which is normally funded through doctoral studentships. In some cases, a doctoral candidate is funded through external scholarships instead.
In parallel to their doctoral education programme, doctoral candidates may work with administrative and teaching duties, yet no more than 20% of a full-time position.
How to find information related to your work as a doctoral student
For information and forms relating to your employment and day-to-day work, please visit our Staff Pages. Here you can also find information that is not directly related to your work, such as information about Swedish language courses, insurance, international opportunities, scholarships and more. Note that the faculty or department you are affiliated with also may have relevant information about doctoral studies on their website.
- Information related to your employment on the Staff Pages
- Information about doctoral education on the Staff Pages
Two different user accounts for doctoral students
As a doctoral student at Lund University, you are assigned two different user accounts:
- As an employee, you are assigned a 'Lucat ID'.
- As a student, you are assigned a student account.
It is important to be aware of this since access to different IT services and systems can vary depending on the account to which the user is currently logged in.
The Research Portal
Through our Research Portal, you can find research-related information, including information on:
- research projects
- research outputs
- research areas
- research groups
- disputations and
- other publications, distinctions and awards.
Lund university's internal research information system is called LUCRIS. The Research Portal is the external interface of LUCRIS, and is primarily intended for external users.
- Make a search in the Lund University Research Portal
- Log in to LUCRIS to add your publication to the Research Portal
- More about LUCRIS on the Lund University Staff Pages
Upcoming public thesis defences
The theses and dissertations found through the link below will be publicly defended by doctoral degree candidates.
Information for Doctoral Degree Conferment Ceremony participants
Have you completed you degree and defended your thesis? Then you might want to prepare for the Doctoral Degree Conferment Ceremony. See the links below for more information about the ceremony and practical preparations. Also make sure to check your faculty's or department's information about this topic on their website.
- Practical information for ceremony participants and their guests
- The Doctoral Degree Conferment Ceremony
Other information for doctoral students
Faculty-specific information for current doctoral students on the faculties' own websites (or learning platforms):
- Faculty of Engineering – website for current students
- Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts
- Faculties of Humanities and Theology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine – internal staff website
- Faculty of Science – internal staff website
- Faculty of Social Science – internal staff website
- School of Economics and Management – Canvas course