The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Exchange studies

Going abroad as an exchange student means studying at one of Lund University’s partner universities for a semester or a year of your education. A partner university is a university that has a collaboration and exchange agreement with Lund University.

Exchange students in traditional clothes

How to apply for exchange studies at one of Lund University's partner universities

You apply for exchange studies through the faculty you study at. The application periods for exchange studies may vary between faculties. It is important that you find out what applies in your case. For more information, contact the study advisor or international coordinator at your faculty or visit your faculty's website. 

Applying for an exchange at the University of California?

You will need to make a separate application for exchange studies at the University of California. 

How to apply to the University of California

General requirements

To qualify for applying for exchange studies via Lund University, you must:

  • have completed at least 30 ECTS credits at the time of application
  • be able to present a study plan containing courses amounting to full-time studies that can be accredited towards a degree at Lund University. Summer courses are exempted from the latter requirement
  • be an active student, registered for full-time studies at Lund University, or have received approval for a study leave from your programme at Lund University at the time of application
  • have the required proficiency in the relevant language of instruction

Faculty-specific requirements

The faculty-specific requirements can be found on the respective faculties’ webpages.

See the faculties' contact information and their webpages on exchange