Changing your email address
If you want to change your visible email address, please follow the instructions below.
Every student at Lund University has at least two e-mail addresses (tied to their single email account).
- 'givenname [dot] familyname [dot] 1234 [at] student [dot] lu [dot] se'
- 'userid [at] student [dot] lu [dot] se'.
The visible email address in the Google Apps email accounts is automatically created as 'givenname [dot] familyname [dot] 1234 [at] student [dot] lu [dot] se'. The visible address is the address that you send or reply with.
Your other email 'userid [at] student [dot] lu [dot] se' also works and emails sent to that address will arrive in your inbox at your student account in Google Apps. This is the address you see as your Google account name when you login to your email.
You can change which of the two email addresses you want to be visible, by following the below instructions.
- Log in to your account at the Lund version of Google Apps.
- Click on 'Gear' in the right corner.
- Click on 'Settings' in the menu.
- Click on 'Accounts' in the menu
- You see your email addresses under 'Send mail as:'
- The visible (the one you send with) address is marked 'default'.
- If you want to change your visible address, click on 'make default'.
Unfortunately you cannot write an abbreviation of your name, for example: a [dot] smith [at] student [dot] lu [dot] se. The email address must match the one that is on your account.
If your name is misspelled, or if you have all of your given names in your e-mail e.g. 'adam-jonas-hector-victor [dot] werner-smith-johnsson [dot] 1234 [at] student [dot] lu [dot] se', please contact the Student Account Support to get it corrected and or shortened to 'adam [dot] smith [dot] 1234 [at] student [dot] lu [dot] se'.
IT-related issues can be reported through the self-service portal, email or using the phone (there is no physical walk-in desk).
servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se
+46 (0)46 222 9000
User guides and operating information
See the LU ServiceDesk self-service portal