Minor Field Studies
Am I eligible for the MFS scholarship?
In order to be considered eligible for the MFS scholarship, you should:
- Be a Swedish citizen OR a non-EU citizen who has been granted Permanent Right of Residence (PUT) in Sweden OR a citizen of another Nordic country who has been living in Sweden on a permanent basis for at least one year by the application date.
- Note that EU citizens’ Right of Residence for work and studies is not the same thing as Permanent Right of Residence (PUT).
- Note that you cannot conduct the field study in your home country if you are a Swedish citizen with a dual citizenship.
- Be a Bachelor's or Master's student enrolled at Lund University – and not a PhD student – who needs to collect data for their degree project.
- Have completed at least 150 ECTS by the time of departure.
- Be proficient in English. If the language of the host country is French, Spanish or Portuguese and you plan to write your study in one of those languages, you must have acquired language qualifications equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary school C-level in this language.
- Have a good understanding of the Swedish language.
- Not have received any scholarship for fieldwork concerning development before (including MFS).
You can apply if you have studied or spent time in a developing country.
- Have an active interest in international affairs.
What does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship is a financial contribution that partly covers the expenses incurred during a field study. It usually needs to be complemented with funding from e.g. CSN. The scholarship amounts to SEK 27 000.
Application autumn 2017
The application period is between 1 September and 25 September for students who want to do their MFS during autumn 2017 (earliest in November 2017).
There will be additional application rounds during 2017/18:
- 1–25 September 2017
- 25 October–10 November 2017
- 15 January–1 February 2018 (preliminary)
Visit the Swedish version of this webpage on lu.se for more information on the application process.
The application process is centralised within the University. To receive more information about application periods and eligible countries, please contact the Minor Field Studies Officer at LU External Relations at MFS [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se.
MFS [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se