Nominated for exchange studies
Information for Lund University students nominated for exchange
Next steps for nominated exchange students
Your faculty has just nominated you as a candidate for exchange studies, and the next stage in your application process begins. There are a few things you should consider at this time:
- Notify your faculty if you wish to keep your place
Carefully check by what date you must respond
- Await instructions from your international coordinator at Lund University
The international coordinator is located at your faculty or at External Relations. They will contact you within a few weeks after the nomination and reach out with information about dates for important information meetings, etc.
- It is now time to make a new application to the host university
Your coordinator will provide you with information on how to proceed
- Apply for courses at Lund University before 15 April
Considering the current situation in the world, it is important to have a plan B if your exchange cannot take place for some reason. You should therefore also apply for courses at LU. Please remember to deregister if you are admitted and will not be taking these courses in the end.
- Stay updated about the situation at the host university and in the host country
Read current information at the host university’s website as well as at local authorities' websites. Be critical and stick to reliable sources.
- Delay buying tickets and select rebookable/refundable tickets
When booking tickets, we encourage you to select rebookable/refundable tickets even if they might be more expensive than regular tickets.
- Let us know if you change your plans
If you decide that you do not want to or cannot go on exchange this autumn, please inform your exchange coordinator about your decision.
- Accommodation in Sweden
Make sure to discuss with your landlord by what date you have to make a final decision about either keeping your accommodation for the upcoming semester or giving notice.