Mobility outside of Europe
Erasmus + International Credit Mobility (ICM)
Study at a non-European university
Through funding from the EU programme Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility, Bachelor's and Master's students studying at Lund University have the opportunity to study at one of Lund University’s partner universities outside of Europe to gain international experience and qualifications, and to develop new contacts.
You apply for exchange studies through your department/faculty. Please contact an international coordinator for more information.
The Erasmus+ ICM grant
The Erasmus+ ICM grant consists of two parts:
- a subsistence allowance
- a travel grant (calculated based on the distance between the host university and Lund University)
Both the allowance and travel grant are intended to contribute to the costs of your stay abroad (e.g. flights, visa costs, accommodation, etc.) and might not cover all costs.
Conditions for Erasmus+ ICM students
To be eligible for an Erasmus+ ICM grant, the following conditions apply:
- You must not have not been on an Erasmus exchange for more than a total of 12 months per study cycle (Bachelor's, Master's and research studies are counted separately), including the time period applied for in this application.
- You must have studied at Lund University (full time) for at least one year by your date of departure.
- You must have been nominated for Erasmus+ ICM exchange studies through Lund University.
- You must have been admitted to a course at your host university (admission decision).
- You must be eligible for a credit transfer upon returning to Lund University (as stated in the Learning Agreement).
- Your exchange studies must extend over at least three and no more than twelve months. If your period of study changes so that it is in fact shorter than three months, the grant must be repaid.
- You may not accept another grant or other funding from EU bodies/the Swedish Council during the exchange period.
- You must live in the host country during the study period (distance learning is not accepted).
How to apply
- Contact your faculty's international office to learn whether there are still available grants within the ICM programme scheme.
Find your faculty coordinator
- If such an opportunity exists, follow the faculty nomination process/deadlines.