Internships in research teams abroad
FOR CURRENT BACHELOR’S OR MASTER’S STUDENTS AT LUND UNIVERSITY
Are you considering a career in research? Would you like to gain valuable experience in a research team at a leading European university? Then STREAM could be an excellent opportunity for you.
What is STREAM?
STREAM (STudent REseArch Mobility) is a pilot project aiming to facilitate research exchange opportunities for current students at institutions within LERU (the League of European Research Universities). The LERU consortium comprises some of the most outstanding research-intensive universities in Europe, including Lund University.
As a current student at Lund University, you can do a research internship at one of the LERU universities that is part of the STREAM project programme, on a full-time basis, for anything from one month up to a whole semester.
In most cases, you can get credits transferred to your degree at Lund University for this experience. Please contact your home department/programme director at Lund University to find out what opportunities you have for credit transfer.
Our LERU partners that are currently participating are:
- Leiden University (Netherlands)
- Paris-Sud University (France)
- University of Freiburg (Germany)
- University of Geneva (Switzerland)
- University of Milan (Italy)
- University of Zurich (Switzerland)
- Utrecht University (Netherlands)
What research projects are available to me?
There are available research projects in all subject areas. The range is continuously updated.
You can apply for an Erasmus traineeship grant or a SEMP (Swiss–European Mobility Programme) grant for your research internship within LERU STREAM if you fulfil the grants’ eligibility requirements.
To be eligible for a STREAM research internship, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be registered for full-time studies at Lund University at the time of application. It is not possible to do a STREAM internship after you have finished your studies at Lund University (this aösp applies to the summer after you graduate)
- You must be studying on the third year of your Bachelor’s degree programme or on a Master’s programme
- Your English needs to be B2-level or higher
- There may be further requirements specific to the research project of your choice
Registration of interest
The various research projects have different deadlines. Usually, you are required to submit your application to the STREAM officer at Lund University 3–4 weeks before the host university’s deadline.
Your registration of interest should be written in correct and fluent English and contain the following:
- The registration of interest form (.doc 398 kB)
- A statement of purpose (maximum two pages) in which you argue for why you want to do an internship in the research field, how you could contribute to the work of the research team and what you think you could learn from the experience
- Your CV (maximum one page)
- A Letter of recommendation from a lecturer at Lund University
- Note that you do not need to attach a grade transcript from LADOK (this will be retrieved by External Relations from LADOK)
Your registration of interest will be reviewed and assessed by your faculty. You will be notified of the outcome by email within three weeks.
Questions about LERU STREAM?
Please contact the STREAM officer at Lund University:
sonia [dot] coelho_sutton [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se