Lund University is looking for a deputy vice-chancellor from 1 January 2021
The Recruitment Committee is now working on the recruitment of a new deputy vice-chancellor. The qualification profile can be found below.
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is regularly ranked as one of the world’s top 100 higher education institutions. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
Lund University is one of the Nordic Region’s largest and foremost universities. Its success can be ascribed to the University’s capability to create outstanding research and education environments, a unique breadth of subjects, and cross-boundary collaborations. The basis for this is strong student influence, extensive internationalisation and close cooperation with the wider world.
Lund University is now looking for a deputy vice-chancellor who, together with the vice-chancellor and the rest of university management, will develop the University’s education, research and external engagement and utilise the comprehensive University’s possibilities. Current global issues, not least the ongoing pandemic, continuously confront the University with new challenges.
The deputy vice-chancellor acts on behalf of the vice-chancellor when the latter is not on duty, and also replaces the vice-chancellor to the extent decided by the latter. The deputy vice-chancellor is a member of the University management and the vice-chancellor’s management council. At Lund University, the vice-chancellor and deputy vice-chancellor are expected to work as a team, complementing one another and leading the University together. In this context, Lund University’s strategic plan for 2017–2026 is a central policy document.
The deputy vice-chancellor is:
- a senior lecturer or professor with a solid academic foundation, relevant experience of and a very good ability to conduct research, teaching and external engagement
- an experienced, committed and clear academic leader with personal integrity who takes responsibility and can transform visions into action
- a connector with a good ability to advocate for university issues at the national and international levels and with good language skills in both Swedish and English.
Together with the vice-chancellor, the deputy vice-chancellor is to:
- serve as the University’s foremost representative and act in its interest in interactions with the wider world
- work to ensure that education and research maintain the highest quality, enrich one another and are intertwined
- work towards a cohesive University, in which leadership based on communication, integrity and the ability to inspire is key
- safeguard and develop the comprehensive University and its diversity
- safeguard and develop collegial processes and academic freedom
- work to ensure good leadership, collegiality and student influence
- work to ensure a sustainable and attractive study and work environment for students and staff, in which gender equality and equal opportunities are of the greatest importance.
Information about the position is available from human resource manager Gunilla Thylander: tel. +46 730 57 67 66, gunilla [dot] thylander [at] hr [dot] lu [dot] se
Staff organisation representatives:
- SACO-S, Adam Brenthel: +46 46 222 87, adam [dot] brenthel [at] saco-s [dot] lu [dot] se
- SEKO, Ingrid Lagerborg: +46 46 222 93 61, ingrid [dot] lagerborg [at] seko [dot] lu [dot] se
- OFR, Kjell Nilsson: +46 46 222 42 68, kjell [dot] nilsson [at] soc [dot] lu [dot] se
Members of the Recruitment Committee:
- Chair Jonas Hafström: +46 704 24 36 81, jonas [dot] hafstrom [at] rektor [dot] lu [dot] se
- Professor Viveka Alfredsson: +46 46 222 81 55, viveka [dot] alfredsson [at] fkem1 [dot] lu [dot] se
- Head of finance Ingrid Bengtsson-Rijavec (external member): +46 768 87 08 52, ingrid [dot] b-r [at] brevboxen [dot] se
- Student Linnea Karlsson: +46 735 039408 , linnea [dot] karlsson [at] lus [dot] lu [dot] se
- Student Malin Bruce: +46 70 821 31 17, rdf [at] lus [dot] lu [dot] se
- Professor Anne L’Huillier: +46 46 222 76 61, anne [dot] lhuillier [at] fysik [dot] lth [dot] se
- Head of faculty office Catrin Malmström: +46 46 222 71 83, catrin [dot] malmstrom [at] science [dot] lu [dot] se
- Senior lecturer Johan Östling: +46 702 81 75 75, johan [dot] ostling [at] hist [dot] lu [dot] se