International Business - Bachelor's Programme
Lund University School of Economics and Management offers a three year Bachelor's in International Business. The programme is taught in English and aimed at recent high school graduates with a strong academic background, international career ambitions, and the drive to gain knowledge and skills in the international business field.
The BSc in International Business offers:
- A vast, yet focused curriculum in business, economics, statistics, business law and information systems
- International perspectives from faculty members and students
- Team-based projects enhancing cross-cultural learning
- Opportunities of internships in companies and/or exchange studies abroad at one of our partner universities
- Study and career advice
The overall purpose of the programme is to prepare you for a career in international business. You will train in advanced problem solving in an international context, and learn theoretical concepts, models, and tools derived from relevant research. This will throughout the programme be related to real and complex business problems.
The programme has an international focus, and is combining courses in business with courses in economics, economic history, statistics, informatics and business law.
The programme starts by introducing you to basic concepts and theories within central areas of the programme, including general skills such as for example working in teams, academic writing, and oral presentations.
The courses that follow after the first semester add additional perspectives and models that provide further, in depth insights into the practical and theoretical areas that are related to the broad field of international business.
As a final part of the programme, you will conduct your own research project in a small team and demonstrate your ability to independently apply the different ideas and theories introduced by the different courses.
Globalisation creates new demands on both the employer and the employee. The new competitive landscape makes it essential for existing companies to renew and develop. Companies and organisations that operate in an international context need employees with international competence and skills, including a solid understanding of cross-border, cross-cultural international business, trade, law, and economics. The Bachelor’s in International Business specialises you in how to understand and analyse global trade and its complexity.
This programme will enable you to compete in the international business labour market as well as add value to domestic firms/employers with international relationships. The skills you develop by studying international business are attractive to a number of different employers. Your strength lies in the ability to work with analysis and strategy in an international environment.
After graduation, you will be well equipped for junior management positions at large international companies, government institutions or other organisations. Functional areas can include export, import, finance, controlling, business development, sales, marketing and customer care, for example. Or why not go the entrepreneurial route and manage your own international start-up?
Opportunities for further studies
When you have received your Bachelor's degree in International Business at Lund University School of Economics and Management (LUSEM), you will meet the entry requirements to the following Master’s programmes:
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MSc International Marketing and Brand Management
- MSc International Strategic Management
- MSc Managing People, Knowledge and Change
- MSc Accounting and Finance (conditions apply, please check the specific requirements)
If you wish to apply for a Master’s programme outside of LUSEM, we recommend that you read through the relevant entry requirements carefully, since every university has their own standard of entry requirements.
Read more at: http://lusem.lu.se/study/international-business
More information can be found at http://www.ehl.lu.se/utbildning/program-och-kurser/nyborjarprogram/bsc-international-business
Contact Igor Plicanic, programme coordinator: ibu [at] ehl [dot] lu [dot] se
Seats are allocated according to: The general average (GPA) of your higher secondary school leaving certificate: 100 %.
English language requirements
Most of Lund University’s programmes require English Level 6 (unless otherwise stated under "Entry requirements"). This is the equivalent of an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 90. There are several ways to prove your English language proficiency - check which proof is accepted at the University Admissions in Sweden website. All students must prove they meet English language requirements by the deadline, in order to be considered for admission.
Your selection at www.universityadmissions.se
Start Autumn semester 2019
daytime Lund, full time 100%
September 2, 2019 - June 5, 2022
Closed for applications
How to apply
Lund University uses a national application system run by University Admissions in Sweden. It is only possible to apply during the application periods.
Step 1: Apply online
- Check you meet the entry requirements of the programme or course you are interested in
- Start your application – go to www.universityadmissions.se where you create an account and select programmes/courses, during the application period
- Rank your programme/course choices in order of preference and submit them before the application deadline
Step 2: Submit documents
- Read about how to document your eligibility and how to submit your documents at www.universityadmissions.se. Follow any country-specific document rules for Master's studies or Bachelor's studies
- Get all your documents ready: official transcripts and high school diploma (Bachelor's applicants), official transcripts and degree certificate or proof of expected graduation (Master's applicants), passport/ID and proof of English proficiency (all applicants)
- Prepare programme-specific documents if stated on this page
- Upload or send all required documents to University Admissions before the document deadline
- Pay the application fee (if applicable) before the document deadline
*Note that the process if different if you are applying as an exchange student or as a part of a cooperation programme (such as Erasmus +).
*If you have studied your entire Bachelor's programme in Sweden and all of your academic credits are in Ladok, you do not have to submit transcripts or your diploma when applying for a Master's programme.
*Svensk student? Läs instruktionerna om att söka till ett internationellt masterprogram på lu.se.
No programme-specific documents (such as a CV or letters of recommendation) are required when you apply for this programme.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 300 000
First payment: SEK 50 000
Citizens of a country outside of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are required to pay tuition fees. You pay one instalment of the tuition fee in advance of each semester.
EU/EEA citizens and Switzerland
There are no tuition fees for citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
If you are required to pay tuition fees, you are generally also required to pay an application fee of SEK 900 (approximately EUR 100) when you apply at www.universityadmissions.se. You pay one application fee regardless of how many programmes or courses you apply to.
*Note that there are no tuition or application fees for exchange students or PhD students, regardless of their nationality.
Lund University Global Scholarship programme
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Swedish Institute Scholarships
The Swedish Institute offers scholarships to international students applying for studies in Sweden at Bachelor's, Master's, PhD and post-doctoral levels.
Country-specific scholarships and funding options
Lund University has agreements with scholarship organisations and funding bodies in different countries, which may allow applicants to apply for funding or scholarships in their home countries for their studies at Lund University.
- Scholarships/funding for students from Brazil, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia, Russia and Chile
- US student finance
- Canada and UK student finance