Science Village is an area of 18 hectare in north-eastern Lund that encompasses MAX IV, ESS, Vindarnas Park and central Science Village.
Lund University plans to have premises for research and education on this site – several of them with links to MAX IV and ESS – and has now commenced work to establish operations in the area.
Science Village will be expanded over the next years with new constructions, including:
- office spaces
- a Science Centre for events and exhibitions
- 'The Loop' – a meeting place for industry, academia and research
- 'The Space' – office spaces and guest accommodation for researchers
- restaurants and cafés.
- Read the Lund University in Science Village blog (mostly in Swedish)
- Read more about MAX IV and ESS
SVS AB owns the land in central Science Village. The company is owned by the City of Lund, Region Skåne and Lund University through the foundation Stiftelsen Akademihemman. The company’s main task is to develop the land for construction and to sell the construction rights.
svs [at] rektor [dot] lu [dot] se