Exchange and study abroad
Located in southern Sweden, just 40 minutes from Copenhagen, Lund University gives international exchange and study abroad students the chance to experience:
- an education from Sweden's top-ranked university, ranked 70th in the world, and one of Scandinavia’s largest, oldest and broadest universities
- a different style of teaching and learning that facilitates independent thinking, research and group work - skills valuable for your future studies and employment
- an international network - meet students from all over the world at Lund University and enhance your cultural perspectives
- specialised courses from within your discipline which may not be offered at your home university
- a study destination without the language barrier - English is widely spoken here (90% Swedes are fluent)
- a new language - students can study Swedish language courses or join informal language classes during their exchange/study abroad period
- the best student city in Sweden with the unique combination of 13 student nations (large social clubs), an academic societ and student unions organising events and activities year round
- travel around Europe - Lund is just 40 minutes by train to Copenhagen airport, a major European hub
Students studying at one of our partner universities with a formal bilateral student exchange agreement have the opportunity to be nominated by their home university for an exchange period at Lund University. The exchange period can be for one or two semesters (a half year or whole year).
In contrast to exchange studies, the term Study Abroad is used for a tuition-based, one-way mobility programme. This includes tailored course packages and programmes for universities, national scholarship programmes or other organisations which enable their students to study for a short-course, one semester or up to a one-year period at Lund University. We also offer course packages that are open to individual students who wish to have a unique study abroad period at Lund University.
Video about the city of Lund, Sweden