Eduroam – an encrypted wireless network
Eduroam is an encrypted network and is a collaboration between a large number of universities around the world. Students from other universities that have Eduroam can log in on the Lund University campus. In the same way, Lund University students can connect using an Eduroam network at other universities.
Eduroam is also available at all the public libraries in the City of Lund and at CRC in Malmö. It will be extended to all the hospitals in the region in time.
Connecting to Eduroam
To connect to Eduroam, add "@lu.se" to your student account ID. For example, if your student account ID is fek09pha, your user ID for Eduroam will be fek09pha [at] lu.se.
Before you can connect to Eduroam, you need to configure your computer settings to Eduroam. If you have Windows, Mac or Ubuntu, you can use "Eduroam CAT" (Eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool) to configure your computer.
NB! You username has to be your student account ID + @lu.se (for example fek14pha [at] lu.se) to ensure that Eduroam works outside of Lund University premises.
Instructions on how to manually configure Eduroam can be also be found in the PDF:s below:
- Connect to Eduroam with Windows XP (PDF 147 kB, new window)
- Connect to Eduroam with Vista/Windows 7 (PDF 473 kB, new window) (the instructions are for Windows 7 but can be used for Vista)
- Connect to Eduroam with Windows 8 (PDF 255 kB, new window)
- Connect to Eduroam with Mac OS X (PDF 309 kB, new window)
- Connect to Eduroam with Mac OS 10 Lion (PDF 309 kB, new window)
- Connect to Eduroam with iPhone or iPad (PDF 172 kB, new window)
- Connect to Eduroam with Android (PDF 88 kB, new window)