Preparing to come
Read your pre-arrival guide
All admitted students are sent a pre-arrival guide before the start of the semester. These guides provide detailed information to help you prepare for your stay in Lund and the answers to most of the questions we receive from students! Please take the time to read the pre-arrival guide.
- Pre-arrival guide for exchange students, spring 2017 (PDF 1.4 MB)
- Pre-arrival guide for international students, spring 2017 (PDF 4.9 MB)
Important documents to bring
You need to bring your admission results – this is the "notification of selection results" PDF, available from your universityadmissions.se account.
If you are an exchange student you bring your Letter of Acceptance – this letter is sent by your coordinator at Lund University.
You will need your relevant document (either the admission result or letter of acceptance) on Arrival Day, when you check-in, and when taking care of various other practical matters throughout the semester - both at the University and at other agencies and services in Sweden.
If you were conditionally admitted to a Master's programme while still finalising your Bachelor's degree, remember to submit your final transcripts and diploma as soon as you receive them, as well as bringing the documents with you to Sweden.
Other practical preparations:
- Pay your tuition fee invoice (if applicable)
- Find out if you need to apply for a residence permit.
- Find housing - it can be very difficult to find housing in Lund and it is your own responsibility to find a place to live.
- Make sure that you have insurance.
- Make sure that you bring sufficient money to cover your living expenses and, if applicable, your tuition fees in Lund.
- Join a mentor group to kick start your social life in Lund
- Learn some Swedish before coming to Sweden or sign up to Swedish classes offered once you are in Lund.
Further practical information will be provided upon your arrival, both in the welcome package that you will receive on Arrival Day and at the general information meeting.
If you have any other questions, please contact your programme coordinator, or your exchange coordinator at Lund University.
We look forward to seeing you in Lund soon!
Stora Algatan 4, Lund
Lund University, Box 117,
SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Tel: +46 (0)46 222 0100
Regular visiting hours
Regular telephone hours