Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here

Student Health Counselling

Bikestand and flowers growing through the asfalt

Student Health Counselling

Counselling is available to all students* at Lund University and Alnarp/Flyinge. *Please note that doctoral/PhD candidates should seek help from the Occupational Health Service of Lund University, not the Student Health Centre.

The staff at the Student Health Centre works primarily with psychological problems that affect your ability to study, such as stress, worry, anxiety, depression and/or academic difficulties. It is a complement to other public and private health clinics in Lund where you go for general medical issues, sexual health and contraception.

We understand how difficult it can be to adjust to life in a new country. As professional listeners we are here to support you and assist you in overcoming any obstacles you may encounter. Our work is of course confidential.

Contact the Student Health Centre in Lund

If you wish to schedule an appointment, we ask you to fill in our online contact form (self-referral form). Once a week we go through all the contact forms and then contact you to let you know whether we are able to accommodate you or refer you elsewhere. For advice, call +46 (0)46 222 4377 Monday 13:00–14:30. For emergencies, see here.

Students at the Faculty of Engineering who wish to speak to a student welfare officer can turn directly to the welfare officers at the faculty.

There will be a charge of SEK 60 for your visit. Only credit/debit card payments are accepted. You will also need to bring photo ID to your appointment.

Contact the student health services in Alnarp, Helsingborg and Malmö

In addition to our counselling services in Lund, we also have welfare officers in Alnarp, at Campus Helsingborg and at the Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts in Malmö. Contact information to the officers can be found below:

Download student health brochures

Download brochures with advice on how to manage stress and improve your study environment.

Page Manager:

Contact information

Schedule an appointment

To schedule an appointment, please fill in our online contact form, and we will get in touch with you.

Student Health Centre – drop in hours 

The Student Health Centre have drop-in hours for initial advice concerning stress, anxiety, depression and other problems that affect your ability to study.

  • Mondays: 14.30-15.30
  • Wednesdays: 14.30-15.30
  • Fridays: 11.00-12.00

(subject to change)

Visits are free of charge and confidential. Please bring your ID.

Counsellors – telephone hours

  • Mondays 13.00-14.30

​+46 (0)46 222 4377

Visiting address:
Paradisgatan 5B, Lund

Find us!
See google maps


Upcoming seminars

Relax... Seminars on mindfulness

Exercises in mindfulness, where we work with both the body and mind. Similar content at all four sessions. You can participate as many times as you wish (provided there is space).

Dates: 3, 10, 17 March, 12, 19, 26 May
Time: Thursdays at 3.30 pm – 4.30 pm (on the dot!)

No pre-registration is required and participation is free of charge.

Stress management course

A smaller group of students who meet four times to learn about stress, what it is and strategies on how to handle it.

Dates: 6, 13, 20 and 27 April
Time: Wednesdays at 2 pm – 4.30 pm

If you sign up you are expected to attend all four session. The number of seats is limited so if you are interested in participating or if you have any questions email asa [dot] probert [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se as soon as possible.