Research excellence areas
Lund University has one of Sweden’s strongest and broadest research environments and is recognised as one of the world's top research-led full-scale universities.
Over recent years, Lund University has achieved major success in obtaining large research grants. Annually, over SEK 5 billion goes to research across nine faculties. Lund University has also distinguished itself in the allocations of Linnaeus environments and the Swedish Government’s investment in strategic research areas. These successes are largely a result of the interdisciplinary research carried out and the diversity that our full-scale university has to offer.
Examples of strong research environments*
- Ageing and supportive environments
- Biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Cancer research
- Climate modelling
- Diabetes research
- Humanities Lab
- Information technology and mobile communications
- The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics
- Laser physics and spectroscopy
- MAX IV
- The Middle East in a Contemporary World
- Stem cell therapy
- Sustainability science
- Sustainable production
* Links to more information about these research environments will be published here shortly.