Global engagement and international collaboration
Global engagement is both a natural and necessary part of Lund University's development as an internationally leading university. We have extensive international collaborations in research, education, innovation and cooperation.
Our commitment to international issues such as global development, democracy and academic freedom is a natural part of our activities.
Together with our partners around the world, we actively address key global challenges through a dynamic, responsible and sustainable approach to research, education, innovation and cooperation.
Global Dynamic Engagement – GDE
Global Dynamic Engagement (GDE) is Lund University's approach to enhance our international impact. GDE is based on core values such as democracy, human rights, academic freedom, and accountability. Each year, we prioritise specific goals related to the geographical areas in which we work, usually focusing on continents.
Our priority networks
Visit each network's website to find out more about their activities and members:
- Universitas 21 – global network
- LERU – League of European Research Universities
- EUGLOH – European University Alliance for Global Health
Collaboration at the faculty and department level
Faculty and departmental study abroad collaborations are presented on the faculty/school websites:
- Faculty of Engineering (LTH)
- Faculties of Humanities and Theology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Malmö Academy of Music (Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts)
- Malmö Art Academy (Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts)
- School of Economics and Management (LUSEM)
The international university
- A world top 100 university and Sweden's highest ranked comprehensive university.
- First choice for international students in Sweden, with more than 140 international degree programmes, exchange and doctoral studies.
- Ranked 61st in Times Higher Education's Most International Universities in the World Rankings 2023.
- A diverse student community from over 130 countries, with 46% international Master's and doctoral students.
- A highly international research body with 57% international researchers.
- Exchange agreements with 670 universities in 75 countries, with 1,170 incoming and 1,225 outgoing students in 2022.
- Ranked as the 12th best university worldwide for social and environmental sustainability (QS World University Rankings: Sustainability 2023).