Sport and exercise
Classes and gyms at Gerdahallen
Lund University is home to Gerdahallen, one of the largest sports centres in northern Europe and located in Lund. Discounted prices are available for Lund University students. Gerdahallen has long opening hours and offers 200 classes every week including aerobics, step, spinning, zumba, boxercise, power yoga, afro and functional training. You can also use one of Gerdahallen’s well-equipped gyms, one of which is exclusively for women. It is also possible to book an appointment with one of the physiotherapists or specialist coaches.
Sports courts and gym at Viktoriastadion
Viktoriastadion, in Lund, offers a gym with discounted student prices as well as facilities and courts for tennis, squash, badminton, indoor handball, floorball, football, basketball and volleyball.
Student sports teams
Many of the student nations and other student associations offer different kinds of sports teams, such as football and volleyball. There are also a number of sports associations for students, for example offering extreme sports, horse riding and fencing, as examples. In Helsingborg, the student organisation Stampus offers volleyball, basketball, football and floorball.
Sports clubs, swimming and group exercise
There are a number of local sports clubs, which are generally organised on a volunteer basis and are not connected to Lund University. Below is a selection of clubs located in Lund and Malmö with links to their websites:
- Malmö Pilots (in Swedish)
- Lund Cycling Club CK Lunedi (in Swedish)
Tennis, badminton and squash courts
- ATL Lund tennis club website (in Swedish)
- Viktoriastadion - information on the Lugi motion website (in Swedish)
- Högevallsbadet - indoor swimming pool, adventure bath, water slides, climbing and outdoor pool
- Delphinenbadet - indoor swimming pool
- Lunds VK (volleyball club, including a recreational league)
All of our campus locations have a number of jogging and cycling tracks and attractive parks where you can walk, run, bike or rest. In Malmö and Helsingborg you can also find large open-air recreation areas and parks, as well as the sea!
North of Helsingborg, in the Kullaberg nature reserve, you can go hiking, rock climbing or diving.
- Read more on this page about outdoor activities in the Skåne Region
- Outdoor activities and exercise in Helsingborg (in Swedish)
- Sport, exercise and outdoor activities in Malmö (in Swedish)
- Sport, exercise and outdoor activities - City of Lund (In Swedish)
Free outdoor circuit training group
VästerGympa is a free, social outdoor circuit training group with local Swedes and other international people living in Lund. In addition to English and Swedish, several other languages are also spoken. No experience is necessary. The group meets in front of the small supermarket at Örnvägen 62 Lund on Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday mornings 10-11 and on Wednesday nights 19-20.
Information about sports clubs in Lund (in Swedish)
Outdoor activities and exercise in Helsingborg (in Swedish)
Sport, exercise and outdoor activities in Malmö (in Swedish)