HR Excellence in Research Award
Lund University strives to be an attractive employer for researchers at all stages of their career. Now we have received EU’s certification, HR Excellence in Research.
What certification means
HR Excellence in Research certification means that a higher education institution fulfils many of the stringent EU requirements for a responsible and professional employer, and that it has a commitment to continuous quality management.
In the film clip below, Pro Vice-Chancellor Per Mickwitz and HR Director Marie Härstedt share their thoughts on what HR Excellence in Research means for Lund University:
Charter and Code – the EU’s principles and requirements for researchers
Lund University has adopted the EU Commission’s principles and requirements for researchers – Charter and Code – which aims to:
- improve conditions for research freedom
- promote an open labour market for researchers
- promote access to, and the exchange of, knowledge.
As a researcher at Lund University, this means that you can be secure in the knowledge that the principles and requirements are complied with in the following areas:
- ethical and professional responsibility
- working conditions
- training and development
Revised Action Plan 2023–2025
Until 2025, the University will focus its efforts on the following two main areas and will
- continue to clarify career paths and work more strategically on recruitment and talent management
- increase awareness and knowledge of research ethics and its regulation, while promoting an ethical approach at both the individual and organisational level.
The University has devoted a lot of time to compiling existing laws, rules, policy documents and relevant resources at university and national levels.
The compilation is in the GAP analysis, which can act as a type of reference book for researchers and support services.
Lund University’s policies and regulations regarding HR
The links below are to Lund University's staff website and open in a new tab.
- Lund University Appointment rules (270 kB)
- Procedure to increase gender equality in the recruitment of professors (111 kB)
- Policy on employment and good and clear career paths for teaching staff and researchers at Lund University (319 kB)
- Guidelines for management positions at Lund University (57 kB)
- Pay policy programme for Lund University
- Work environment Policy for Lund University (209 kB)
- Rules of Procedure for Lund University (409 kB)
- Equal Opportunities Plan for Lund University (5.45 MB)
- Strategic plan for Lund University 2017–2026 (528 kB)
In our project blog, which is open to all, you can read more about how Lund University has worked on compiling the documentation for the application.
Lena Lindell, Project Manager
lena [dot] lindell [at] hr [dot] lu [dot] se (lena[dot]lindell[at]hr[dot]lu[dot]se)
EURAXESS – Researchers in Motion is a pan-European initiative delivering information and support services to professional researchers regardless of their career stage. Backed by the European Union and its Member States, it supports researcher mobility and career development, while enhancing scientific collaboration between Europe and the world.