HR Excellence in Research Award
Lund University strives to be an attractive employer for researchers at all stages of their career. Now we have received EU’s certification, HR Excellence in Research.
What certification means
HR Excellence in Research certification means that a higher education institution fulfils many of the stringent EU requirements for a responsible and professional employer, and that it has a commitment to continuous quality management.
Charter and Code – the EU’s principles and requirements for researchers
Lund University has adopted the EU Commission’s principles and requirements for researchers – Charter and Code – which aims to:
- improve conditions for research freedom
- promote an open labour market for researchers
- promote access to, and the exchange of, knowledge.
As a researcher at Lund University, this means that you can be secure in the knowledge that the principles and requirements are complied with in the following areas:
- ethical and professional responsibility
- working conditions
- training and development
Action Plan – a summary
Lund University has drawn up an action plan for the next two years. It outlines eight development areas and a number of concrete measures that the University will implement. The participation of our researchers has been crucial in developing the action plan.
In 2021, the eight development areas identified in the action plan were transformed into sub-projects.
- An online ethics course for everyone
- Research practise and legal compliance
- Research communication support
- Clear terms of employment
- Clear recruitment process for teaching staff
- Clear on-boarding process
- Improved opportunities for professional development
- Improved opportunities for career development
The University has devoted a lot of time to compiling existing laws, rules, policy documents and relevant resources at university and national levels.
The compilation is in the GAP analysis, which can act as a type of reference book for researchers and support services.
Lund University’s policies and regulations regarding HR
The links below are to Lund University's Staff Pages and open in a new tab.
- Lund University Appointment rules (270 kB)
- Procedure to increase gender equality in the recruitment of professors (111 kB)
- Policy on employment and good and clear career paths for teaching staff and researchers at Lund University (319 kB)
- Guidelines for management positions at Lund University (57 kB)
- Pay policy programme for Lund University (70 kB)
- Work environment Policy for Lund University (209 kB)
- Rules of procedure for Lund University (414 kB)
- Equal Opportunities Plan for Lund University (401 kB)
- Strategic plan for Lund University 2017–2026 (528 kB)
In our project blog, which is open to all, you can read more about how Lund University has worked on compiling the documentation for the application.
Kajsa Roubert, Project Manager
kajsa [dot] roubert [at] ldc [dot] lu [dot] se
EURAXESS – Researchers in Motion is a pan-European initiative delivering information and support services to professional researchers regardless of their career stage. Backed by the European Union and its Member States, it supports researcher mobility and career development, while enhancing scientific collaboration between Europe and the world.