Study at Lund University
An education from Lund University is internationally recognised. We are consistently ranked as one of the world's top 100 universities, placing us among the top 0.4% universities in the world.
Top reasons to study at Lund University:
- A top 100 university in the world.
- Sweden’s top-ranked comprehensive university.
- A top 100 university for graduate employability.
- The #1 choice for international students studying in Sweden, offering a choice of more than 140 international degree programmes, as well as exchange and PhD studies.
- The University was ranked 40th in the Times Higher Education (THE) Most International Universities in the World Rankings 2021. We attract students from over 130 different countries, creating a truly international campus.
- Founded in 1666 – one of the oldest and broadest universities in northern Europe.
- A non-profit, public university with 43 700 students.
- Global class environments where students gain cultural perspectives and develop international networks that are highly valued by employers worldwide.
- The breadth of the University creates excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary research and education.
- Lund University is a member of international research-intensive university networks such as LERU and U21.
- Lund is home to many world-leading research environments and is the location for two of Europe’s largest research facilities: MAX IV and ESS (opening 2023).
- Students in Lund are given excellent opportunities for business interaction, as the city, with its unique, world-class environment for technology, knowledge, innovation and entrepreneurship, hosts an impressive breadth of global companies.
Video about studying at Lund University as an international student
An international exchange student shares their experience of studying in Sweden and at Lund University.
Top reasons to study in Sweden:
- Sweden has the second highest proficiency in English as a second language in the world – English is spoken by 90% of the population, allowing students to have a unique European experience without language barriers.
- Sweden is ranked fifth best in the world at providing higher education by the Universitas 21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems 2020.
- Sweden is one of the safest countries in the world and ranked as one of the best in which to live.
- Sweden is ranked as one of the most creative countries in the world, has one of the highest levels of gender equality and is well known for its eco-friendly culture.
- Sweden is ranked fifth most innovative economy in the world by the 2021 Bloomberg Innovation Index.
Video about studying in Sweden
Video about studying in Sweden, produced by the Swedish Institute.
Top reasons to study in Lund:
- Lund is considered the best student city in Sweden with the unique combination of traditional student nations (social clubs), an academic society and student unions organising events and activities year round.
- In Lund, students can experience the rich history and cultural heritage of a Swedish medieval university town and at the same time be a part of the dynamic and international atmosphere created by Lund University students and staff.
- Lund is only 10 minutes away from Sweden’s third largest city and 40 minutes from the international airport in Copenhagen, making it a great hub for travel throughout Sweden and Europe.