Politics and student rights, social events, job fairs and projects
The student unions handle politics and student rights and are extremely active in contributing to the way in which the University is run.
Through the student unions, students are represented in decision- and policy-making boards that concern education at every level within Lund University.
The unions also arrange social activities, welcome events for new students, career fairs and a range of other projects and committees. As a student, you can easily get involved in the unions' work and seize the opportunity to gain leadership experience.
Student unions at Lund University
Student unions consist of student representatives and course registrars and have as their most important task to guard, maintain and improve the quality of the education at the University. There are nine student unions at Lund University, seven of which are affiliated with Studentlund. The union you belong to depends on your subject area:
- Faculty of Engineering student union (Technologkåren vid LTH/TLTH)
- Faculty of Fine Arts student union, for students of fine and performing arts (Studentkåren vid Konstnärliga fakulteten)
- Faculty of Law student union (Juridiska Föreningen)
- Faculty of Medicine student union (Corpus Medicum)
- Faculty of Science student union (Lunds Naturvetarkår/LUNA)
- Lund Doctoral Student Union, for all doctoral students (Lunds Doktorandkår)
- School of Economics and Management student union (LundaEkonomerna)
- The Social Sciences student union (Samhällsvetarkåren)
- The Student Union for Humanities and Theology (Humanistiska och Teologiska Studentkåren/HTS)
Contact information for the student unions on the Studentlund website
The unions are gathered under the umbrella organisation Lunds universitets studentkårer (LUS).
You automatically become a member of the union you belong to when you register with Studentlund. However, you should note that there are two unions – TLTH for Engineering and Technology students and the student union for PhD students – that are not a part of the Studentlund cooperation. Please contact or visit these unions for information on how to become a member.