Arrival Days is the start of the Orientation Weeks for all new international students at Lund University. During the Orientation Weeks, you will have the chance to learn more about Sweden and Lund, and to make new friends.
The information on this webpage is preliminary and may change at any time due to changes in the Covid-19 situation. Please check back here for updates closer to the 2022 Arrival Day dates.
Orientation Weeks programme Spring 2022
The Orientation Weeks for international students include a variety of activities that aim to help you settle in smoothly at the University, in student life, and in Sweden at large.
The Orientation Weeks will take place both online and in person. Below you’ll find a glimpse of the activities arranged during the Orientation Weeks. All new international students will be given access to Canvas a few weeks before arrival where the whole Orientation Weeks programme will be published.
Page Navigation – The Activities
- 10 January – Arrival Days
- Meetings and seminars
- Pre-Registration Day
- Meetings, seminars and quiz
- Information about Student Services
- Mentor Group Challenge in person
The official Arrival Days are open to all new international students at Lund University. During the Arrival Day, international mentors and university staff will welcome you and help you settle into your new life in Lund and Sweden.
- General Information Meeting – this will help inform you about settling in at the university.
- Campus Helsingborg General Information Meeting – this will focus on specific services that are available if you are studying in Helsingborg.
- Health and Well-Being Seminar: this will focus on issues such as corona regulations, the Swedish health care system and your general well being.
- Lundapolisen – this will be a chance for you to meet the local police and get helpful tips about laws and rules in Lund.
- Digital Speed Friending with International Desk – this will be a great way to meet other students digitally.
- Start of Swedish for Exchange students, SUSA (see more information below).
Introductory Swedish for Exchange Students (SUSA)
Exchange students who have applied to SUSA will have classes in introductory Swedish and lectures on Swedish culture. The course ends with a written examination (3 ECTS). Please note that the SUSA course is currently only offered to exchange students.
During Pre-Registration-Day, exchange students meet with their coordinators to settle their Study Plans and get information about academic matters, while many degree programmes arrange welcome activities for their new degree-seeking students. Some meetings may occur on other days as well. Refer to information from your coordinator about any meetings you may need to attend.
- Interested in Carrer in Sweden? – learn more about your future career possibilities
- How to Get Involved – learn how to navigate in Lund’s student life
- Student Association Fair – meet student organisations in Lund
- Quiz Time with International desk – take the quiz and get the chance to win nice prizes
- Library Information – get familiar with the library system at Lund University
- Cultural Adjustment Seminar with the Student Health Centre
A typical Swedish 'Fresher’s week' activity! In teams, complete challenges around the city and win nice prizes.
Additional planned activities organised by the International Desk*
- Cultural events
- Food Fairs
- Student Association Fair
- Sports Day
- Mentor Group Challenge
*The social activities may be adapted if needed due to covid-19.
Student organisations’ activities
The famous 'nations' are student social clubs at Lund University. Together with other student organisations, they organise a wide range of activities during the Orientation Weeks, as well as in the evenings and on the weekends during the semester.
Orientation Weeks Spring 2022
Depending on the developments in relation to the coronavirus (Covid-19) and the situation in January, when the Orientation Weeks take place, the programme contents may be subject to change.