Arrival Days are the start of the Orientation Weeks for all new international students at Lund University. During the Orientation Weeks, you will have the chance to learn more about Sweden and Lund, and to make new friends.
Orientation Weeks programme
The Orientation Weeks for international students include a variety of activities that aim to help you settle in smoothly at the University, in student life, and in Sweden at large. More details regarding spring 2023 will be announced later this fall.
Below you’ll find a glimpse of the activities arranged during the Orientation Weeks in autumn 2022. All new international students will be given access to Canvas a few weeks before arrival where the whole Orientation Weeks programme will be published.
Page Navigation – The Activities
- Arrival Days
- Meetings and seminars
- Pre-Registration Day
- Meetings, seminars and quiz
- Information about Student Services
- Mentor Group Challenge in person
The official Arrival Days are open to all new international students at Lund University. During the Arrival Day, international mentors and university staff will welcome you and help you settle into your new life in Lund and Sweden. More details will be announced later this spring.
- General Information Meeting – this will help inform you about settling in at the university.
- Campus Helsingborg General Information Meeting – this will focus on specific services that are available if you are studying in Helsingborg.
- Health and Well-Being Seminar: this will focus on issues such as corona regulations, the Swedish health care system and your general well-being.
- Lundapolisen – this will be a chance for you to meet the local police and get helpful tips about laws and rules in Lund.
- Speed Friending with International Desk – this will be a great way to meet other students digitally.
- Start of Swedish for Exchange students, SUSA (see more information below).
Introductory Swedish for Exchange Students (SUSA)
Exchange students who have applied to SUSA will have classes in introductory Swedish and lectures on Swedish culture. The course ends with a written examination (3 ECTS). Please note that the SUSA course is currently only offered to exchange students. Exchange students who will take SUSA (Introductory Swedish for Exchange Students) will start this course in person on 16 August so please arrive on 15 August.
During Pre-Registration-Day, exchange students meet with their coordinators to settle their Study Plans and get information about academic matters, while many degree programmes arrange welcome activities for their new degree-seeking students. Some meetings may occur on other days as well. Refer to information from your coordinator about any meetings you may need to attend.
- How to Get Involved – learn how to navigate Lund’s student life
- Student Association Fair – meet student organisations in Lund
- Quiz Time with International desk – take the quiz and get the chance to win nice prizes
- Library Information – get familiar with the library system at Lund University
- Cultural Adjustment Seminar with the Student Health Centre
A typical Swedish 'Fresher’s week' activity! In teams, you will complete challenges around the city and win nice prizes.
Additional planned activities organised by the International Desk
- Cultural events
- Food Fairs
- Student Association Fair
- Sports Day
- Mentor Group Challenge
Student organisations’ activities
The famous 'nations' are student social clubs at Lund University. Together with other student organisations, they organise a wide range of activities during the Orientation Weeks, as well as in the evenings and on the weekends during the semester.