FAQs about the Alumni Network
Lund University would like to keep in touch with you even after you’ve completed your studies in Lund. As a member of our Alumni Network, you are part of a community with around 45 000 alumni scattered around the globe. Even better, it is free to join the Alumni Network! Below you will find answers to FAQs about the Alumni Network.
The Alumni Network is for anyone who has studied, worked or been in close collaboration with Lund University. Of course, this includes honorary doctors, guest researchers, board members and others who are close to the University. You are also welcome to register as a student if you have completed at least 30 credits within your studies.
Note that you do not need to have graduated from Lund University in order to be considered an alum and to become a member of the Alumni Network.
- former students
- former international Master's students
- former exchange students
- alumni living overseas
- former and current Lund University employees
- University partners
- and more.
- To join the Alumni Network, you must register via alumni.lu.se with your email address. Please do not use your student email address, as this will expire shortly after you have completed your studies.
- You will then receive an email with a link to verify your email address. Click on the verification link and fill in your alumni page to complete your registration. In the registration process, you will need to provide your Swedish personal identification number (YYYY-MMDD-NNNN) in order for us to sync your alumni profile with your education and degree information. If you do not have a Swedish personal identification number, you can instead write your date of birth.
- Click 'Register'.
Please note that your registration is not complete until you have received a confirmation email stating that your membership has been approved.
No. Membership in the Alumni Network is free.
- You log in to your alumni page in the Alumni Network via the link below.
Log in to the Alumni Network
- Fill in your email address and click 'Continue'. A verification link will be sent to the provided email address and when you click on this link, you are automatically logged in. (If you use a different email address than the one saved on your profile, you will have to first fill in your name and personal number/date of birth in order for your information to sync.)
If you have a Facebook account, you can also register and log in by clicking 'Continue with Facebook' and following the instructions. Log in to the Alumni Network via the link below.
By using a combination of your email address and a verification link, you do not need to remember a username and password. This is a more user-friendly alternative so all you need to remember is your own email address!
No, there is only one university-wide system for the Alumni Network. However, most faculties, departments and programs have information on their website about their alumni activities and they may send invitations to their own events.
Your personal data is stored in our CRM system. This system is only available to administrators who are employees at Lund University. Information on your alumni page is only visible for system administrators.
Lundensaren is the Alumni Network's newsletter, which is sent out via email about 4-6 times per year. You can read previous issues of Lundensaren on the Alumni Network's website.
Our communication with you is based on the language preference you have provided when registering in the Alumni Network. Log in to your alumni page in order to change your language preferences.
The event invitations you receive are based on the primary address you have provided on your alumni page. Log in to your alumni page via the link below and update your information with a new and current home address.
Lund University alumni live all over the world! In some cities, there are quite a few alumni and sometimes they have shown an extra interest in networking with fellow alumni. Check out the Facebook groups for London and Berlin. There are also numerous Sweden Alumni networks around the globe. You can check out these networks at the SI website. If there is no group near you and you would like there to be one, feel free to contact us at info [at] alumni [dot] lu [dot] se and discuss your ideas!
- Read more here about obtaining your transcript of records from Ladok.
- You can also contact the International Desk via email: studentreception [at] lu [dot] se.
- Read more about applying for your degree certificate.
- For questions, contact the Degree Office via email: examen [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se.
The Alumni Office sends various types of mailings to members of the Alumni Network, but for the most part, we send invitations to alumni events and the e-newsletter Lundensaren.
If you want to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, you can send us an email and we will help you! The email address can be found below.
If you want to unsubscribe from a certain type of mailing, you can simply click on the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the email.
Email address for the Alumni Office: info [at] alumni [dot] lu [dot] se
It is sad to hear that you want to leave the Alumni Network! To terminate your membership, please send an email to the Alumni Office.
Email address to the Alumni Office: info [at] alumni [dot] lu [dot] se
Have you moved recently?
Please remember to update your contact info in your alumni profile so that we can keep you in the loop about events in your region.
info [at] alumni [dot] lu [dot] serel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"
Alumni Relations Manager
karen [dot] paulson [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 (0)46 222 67 97
Alumni Relations Manager
maria [dot] johansson [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 (0)46 222 31 76