The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Exchange studies

Three exchange students posing in front of a nice building

Who can come to Lund University as an exchange student?

To come to Lund University as an exchange student, your home university must have a formal agreement for exchange studies with Lund University.  This can either be a specific faculty agreement (or even a specific department agreement) or it can be a university-wide agreement.

Check with the International Office at your university (either the central office or your faculty's/department's office) to see whether there is an agreement with Lund University and whether you are eligible to go on an exchange. Your International Office can also explain what subject areas you can study as an exchange student, as defined through the particular exchange agreement in place with Lund University.

If your university does not have an agreement with Lund University, visit the link below to see other study opportunities that may be available to you.

Study opportunities for international students

How to be nominated for an exchange to Lund University

You apply for an exchange at your home university, either through your central International Office or through an international coordinator at your department or faculty. Your university has its own procedures that you must follow.

Your home university will be able to inform you about the nomination process for their students to go on an exchange and their specific requirements. They can also inform you about coming for one semester (half a year) or two semesters (one year) of study.

It is important that you have sufficient proficiency in English language. It is recommended that you have a proficiency of IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 90, however please check with your home university regarding the required levels to be nominated for an exchange to Lund University, as per the agreement in place between the two universities.

When to apply

Your home University can advise you when it is time to apply for nomination to go an exchange and the process involved.

Once you have been selected and nominated by your home university to come on an exchange, you will receive a link to the special online application for nominated exchange students to formally apply for exchange studies. This application link will be provided either by your home university coordinator, or directly by the coordinator at Lund University. 

The application periods for nominated exchange students are:

  • 1 April–15 April for autumn (September) semester exchange studies
  • 1 October–15 October for spring (January) semester exchange studies

Exchange students do not apply through the University Admissions in Sweden website. 

When to apply

You apply to be nominated for an exchange at your home university during their application period.

Nominated exchange students apply during 1 April–15 April for autumn semester exchange studies and 1 October–15 October for spring semester exchange studies.