The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Grants and scholarships for studies and traineeships abroad

There are a number of different grants available to you as a student at Lund University that you can apply for if you are travelling abroad for exchange studies or a traineeship. Here you can see which grants might be relevant for you.

The Crafoord Foundation travel grant

If you are travelling to a country outside Europe in order, for example, to gather material for a degree project, study at one of our partner universities or undertake a traineeship, you can apply for the Crafoord Foundation travel grant. You can apply for the grant regardless of the faculty at which you are studying.

The Crafoord Foundation travel grant


The Erasmus+ mobility programme promotes international student mobility, increased openness and the recognition of academic studies and qualifications throughout the EU.

The programme offers students the opportunity to apply for grants for study and traineeships in other countries, primarily in Europe.

Read more about the Erasmus+ mobility programme on the Swedish Council for Higher Education’s website:

Erasmus+ –


If you would like to study at one of our partner universities in another Nordic country, you have the opportunity to apply for the Nordplus grant. Within Nordplus, there are both faculty-specific and university-wide networks.


Other grants available to Lund University students

You can also search among the University’s grants that are not specifically aimed at outbound students.

Scholarships for current students