Crafoord Foundation travel grant
About the grant
Students at Lund University can apply for a travel grant from the Crafoord Foundation for a stay abroad outside the EU. The grant is administered by Lund University.
The Crafoord Foundation travel grant is available to students of all academic disciplines.
Application periods in 2022–2023
- 5–25 October
- 5–25 April
The grant of SEK 12 500 for mobility abroad is available for the purposes of:
- data collection for degree projects, papers or projects (3–7 weeks)
- internships outside EU, clinical training and work placements outside the EU that can be accredited within a degree at Lund University (3–7 weeks)
- exchange studies outside EU (1 semester)
The grant of SEK 25 000 for mobility abroad is available for the purposes of:
- data collection for degree projects/projects (at least 8 weeks without any interruption)
- internship outside EU, clinical training and work placements outside the EU that can be accredited within a degree at Lund University (at least 8 weeks without any interruption)
- exchange studies outside EU (2 semesters)
NB: The activity must be completed by 31 August 2023.
Eligibility and how to apply
Start by reading the general eligibility requirements.
You apply online. Which attachments you need to submit with your application depends on the activity for which you are requesting a grant.
To be eligible, you must:
- be registered for full-time studies at Lund University at the time of application and during the semester when the mobility is planned to take place
- have completed as least 180 credits at the time of departure, including at least 60 credits at Lund University
- have not started mobility before the application deadline. You cannot apply for a scholarship for mobility that has started or already been completed
- not have begun studying at a third-cycle level
- have good language proficiency in English
- have not been awarded any of the following scholarships by Lund University for the same mobility period: Erasmus+, Erasmus+ internship, Nordplus/Nordlys, Minor Field Studies or Linnaeus Palme.
Applications are to be made online; attachments can be uploaded with the application. Paper documents are not required. All documents included in the application must be in English.
The link to the application system will appear here once the next application round is open.
Students applying for a grant to conduct an internship, clinical training, work placement, a summer course or exchange studies – for a brief or extended period of mobility – are required to submit the following attachments.
- A Statement of Purpose in which you justify what you are going to do abroad and how you will benefit from your experiences (approximately 1 A4)
Download the Statement of Purpose form (docx 96 kB)
- Admission decision/nomination letter from your faculty/coordinator or a three-party agreement. Which type of document you need to attach depends on which activity you apply for:
- Internship: three-party agreement
- Clinical training or work placement: admission decision/nomination letter, Learning Agreement or a three-party agreement
- Exchange studies: nomination letter from Solemove or a Letter of Acceptance from the host university.
Download the three-party agreement (PDF 174 kB, new tab)
- CV (approximately 1 A4 page)
- Copy of passport.
Students applying for a grant to perform data collection – for a brief or extended period of mobility – are required to submit the following attachments.
- A project description that comprises the aim, central question(s), method, a reflection on the choice of topic, a schedule (that both includes the preparatory work and the realisation in practice), a contingency plan and alternative plan for studies, a reflection on risks and safety aspects and, if applicable, a reflection on ethical aspects and use of sources (max. 5 pages)
Download the Project description for data collection form (docx 96 kB)
- Budget showing all planned expenses
- Certificate from a supervisor at Lund University who certifies the data collection's suitability for your degree project. The supervisor should be well acquainted with the method you are using. If you do not have a designated supervisor at the time of application, contact your department/programme and find out when you will be assigned one. Upload the written information you receive.
- Letter from the contact person/host organisation
- Copy of passport
What happens next?
When reviewing applications and selecting nominees, the following is taken into consideration:
- The application – including attachments – should be complete and in good English; incomplete applications are not processed.
- Attachments should be uploaded in PDF-format. Applications including attachments in unknown formats that cannot be opened by the reviewer will be considered incomplete.
- The applications will be received by External Relations for an initial review based on the formal requirements.
- External Relations provides the faculties and departments with the grounds for nomination according to the eligibility criteria and the selection criteria above. Decisions on the awarding of grants are taken by the faculties.
- Applications for data collection are sent and reviewed at faculty/department level. Decisions on the awarding of grants are taken by External Relations.
- Applications from students who have previously been awarded any of the following scholarships by Lund University are not prioritised: Crafoord travel grant, Erasmus+, Erasmus+ internship, Nordplus/Nordlys, Minor Field Studies or Linnaeus Palme.
All applicants in the October application round will receive a decision by email in December. The grant transfer is estimated to take place in January. If the mobility cannot be carried through, repayment of the grant is required.
What is the Crafoord Foundation?
crafoord [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se