The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.


As a Bachelor's or Master's student, you can spend one to twelve months studying at another Nordic higher education institution. Lund University has agreements with many higher education institutions across the Nordic countries.

Someone sitting in between two stone walls looking out over a Norwegian landscape with sea and mountains. Photo.
With Nordplus, you can get to know yet another Nordic country and university. Photo: Tim Strulik.

About the grant

If you have been nominated for studies elsewhere in the Nordic countries, your international coordinator will provide you with information about applying for grants.

You apply for exchange studies within Nordplus via your department or faculty. There are various faculty and subject-specific Nordplus networks and the eligibility requirements and conditions vary by network. Read more below:

Faculty and subject-specific Nordplus networks

As well as Sweden, the following countries are included in Nordplus:

  • Denmark
  • Norway
  • Finland
  • Iceland
  • the self-governing territories of Greenland, the Faroe Islands and Åland
  • the Baltic countries: Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.

Please note: as a student at Lund University, you cannot receive and use a Nordplus grant for studying at another Swedish higher education institution.

Different faculties and departments belong to different Nordplus networks and offer different grants as a result. Ask your international coordinator about which grants you can apply for during your exchange studies within the Nordic countries.

The Nordplus grants are funded by the Nordic Council of Ministers. Lund University also has Erasmus+ agreements with a number of Nordic higher education institutions. Where this is the case, you may apply for an Erasmus+ grant instead. The Erasmus+ grant is somewhat higher than the Nordplus grant. It is not possible to apply for both the Erasmus+ and the Nordplus grants.

You can apply for grants and travel allowance for full-time studies to cover extra expenses related to the exchange, but you are not guaranteed to receive a grant.

Faculty and subject-specific Nordplus networks

Certain faculties are members of networks within Nordplus. A number of departments are also members of subject-specific Nordplus networks. You will find information about some of the networks below.

Contact the international coordinator or study advisor in your department/faculty for information about what opportunities are available for exchange studies in the Nordic countries.

Nordtek is an exchange programme for advanced engineering programmes in the Nordic countries. The aim of the programme is to give students in the latter part of their studies – you must have 120 credits at the time of application – access to a broader range of specialisations.

For more information, contact:

Sara Pereira
International Office LTH
sara [dot] pereira [at] lth [dot] lu [dot] se (sara[dot]pereira[at]lth[dot]lu[dot]se)
Telephone: +46 46 222 92 45

Norek is a Nordic network for student mobility within the area of business administration, where in some cases you can also study economics. The network includes 27 universities and business schools across the Nordic region.

The purpose of the programme is to give students in the later stages of their education the opportunity to take advantage of the specialisation that becomes accessible through Norek. You can apply for the Norek grant at the time of the exchange.

Students travelling on summer exchange/to attend summer school at Nordic partner universities via the School of Economics and Management can also apply for Norek.

For more information, contact:

Ulrika Qvist Mathiesen
International Office
ulrika [dot] qvist_mathiesen [at] ehl [dot] lu [dot] se (ulrika[dot]qvist_mathiesen[at]ehl[dot]lu[dot]se)
Telephone: +46 46 222 32 59

University-wide networks

There is one university-wide network, Nordlys, which exists for students whose faculty/department is not a member of any Nordplus network.

If you apply for exchange studies within the Nordic countries via Nordlys, you can apply for a Nordlys grant. Your coordinator in External Relations will then send you an application form once you have been nominated for exchange studies by your faculty/department. The grant amount is a maximum of SEK 12 000 per semester, but varies according to

  • where you go
  • how long you are away for, and
  • how many students apply for the grant that year.

Lund University has signed Nordlys–Erasmus+ agreement with most Nordic higher education institutions, which means that you can apply for an Erasmus+ grant instead. The Erasmus+ grant is somewhat higher than the Nordlys grant. It is not possible to apply for both the Erasmus+ and the Nordlys grants.

For more information, contact:

Dimardo Dean
External Relations
dimardo [dot] dean [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se (dimardo[dot]dean[at]er[dot]lu[dot]se)
Telephone: +46 46 222 40 25