Autumn 2023 Arrival Day: 15 August 2023
During Arrival Day, international mentors and university staff will welcome you and help you settle into your new life in Lund and Sweden.
Arrival Day for students starting their studies in autumn 2023 will be 15 August 2023. More information will be announced later this fall.
Arrival Day Operating Hours:
- Lund University staff and mentors at Copenhagen Airport, between 7.30 AM–6.30 PM
- Lund University staff and mentors at Lund Central station, between 8.30 AM–7.30 PM
- Lund University staff and mentors at the Arrival Day venue, between 9 AM–8 Pm
Arrival Day services during operating hours include:
- Being met at Copenhagen Airport
- Being met at Lund Central Station
- Shuttle service to the arrival venue from Lund Central Station
Services offered at the Arrival Day venue:
- Pick up keys from LU Accommodation
- IT help, Swedish SIM cards and other practical support for the first days
- Purchase bedding
- Shuttle to your housing with LU Accommodation and AF Bostäder
Other services on Arrival Day
Please note that student accommodation does not provide a pillow, blanket, bed linen, towels or shower curtain.
Package containing a pillow, blankets, towels etc. for your new student housing will be on sale only during Arrival Day. Some students with housing through LU Accommodation will be offered the same package beforehand which will be in their room. Refer to information from LU Accommodation for details.
The following items are included in the bedding package:
- 1 pillow
- 1 duvet
- 1 set of bedlinens
- 1 bedding sheet
- 2 different-sized towels
- 1 kitchen towel
- 1 dishcloth
- 1 dish-brush
- 1 bottle of environmentally friendly washing-up liquid
If you have any questions or need additional help during Arrival Day, you are welcome to visit the International Desk temporarily located at the Arrival Day venue. At the International Desk, you can get help with maps, questions about your student account/student email, printing etc. You are also always welcome to ask for help from Lund University mentors and staff available during Arrival Day.
If you miss Arrival Day
If you have a flight delay, arrive after operating hours or are unable to attend our Arrival Day, it is important to know that our services described above are only available during this day. If you arrive before or after Arrival Day, the International Desk will only be available during the regular opening hours according to the contact information on this page.
Contact information International Desk
Closed for Easter from 7 to 10 April, and 17 April.
Stora Algatan 4, Lund
Email: studentreception [at] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 (0)46 222 01 00
Studying at Campus Helsingborg?
Your programme coordinator can tell you about additional arrival activities in Helsingborg.