As a student at Lund University, you can join a wide range of student associations. These are run by and for students and focus on interests such as music, theatre ('spex'), politics, religion, technology, and more.
Shortcuts to page content:
- Find a student association that suits you
- List of student associations
- Starting a student association
- Adding a student association on this page
If this is your first semester at Lund, you can meet several of the student associations at the 'Student Association Fair' (SAF), which is held in English during the Orientation Weeks.
You can also attend the Swedish version of this event, 'Hälsningsgillet' (the 'Welcome Expo'), held at the AF building at the beginning of each semester.
Most student associations host information evenings and kick-off meetings at the start of every semester.
Several student associations are linked to the Academic Society, also known as AF, which organises various cultural events for students.
Below is a – partial – list of student associations and links to their websites or their social media accounts. Note that some of these are only available in Swedish, but you're still welcome to join as an international student.
- Academic Society's art collection (in Swedish) (AF Co-operative Association)
- Bella Voce (in Swedish) | women's choir (AF Recognised Association)
- Carolinae Damkör (in Swedish) | women's choir
- Gudrunkören | mixed choir
- Lund Chamber Choir | mixed choir
- Lund University Academic Choir | mixed choir
- Lunds Studentsångare, LSS (in Swedish) | male choir (AF Recognised Association)
- Lunds Vokalensemble (in Swedish) | mixed choir
- Ostrochorus (in Swedish) | mixed choir
- Riks-SMASK (in Swedish) | university orchestra association
- Tornakören | mixed choir
- Alte Kamereren and Kamrérbaletten | student orchestra, including dance (AF Recognised Association)
- AMC Bleckhornen | student orchestra, including ballet (AF Recognised Association)
- Lund University Academic Orchestra | symphony orchestra
- Lunds studenters folkdanslag (in Swedish) | folk dance
For more dance opportunities, see this page:
Theatre (including 'spex' comedy theatre)
Spex is a form of comedy theatre performed by students.
- Boelspexarna (in Swedish) (AF Co-operative Association)
- Dolusspexet (in Swedish)
- Hallandsspexet (AF Recognised Association)
- Helsingkronaspexet (in Swedish)
- Jesperspexet (in Swedish) (AF Recognised Association)
- Lundaspexarna (in Swedish) (AF Co-operative Association)
- Lund's Student Theater, LUST (AF Co-operative Association)
- Toddyspexarna (in Swedish) (AF Recognised Association)
- Var GladSpexarna (in Swedish) (AF Recognised Association)
- Klädkammaren | costume hire, located in the AF building (AF Co-operative Association)
Lund Carnival (organised every 4th year)
- Code@LTH | coding community
- Datorföreningen vid LU & LTH (in Swedish) | computer society
- Student Association for Applied Electronics, ETF, at the Faculty of Engineering, LTH (in Swedish) | makerspace for electronics projects
- AIESEC Lund | world issues, leadership and management
- Association of African Affairs, AAFRA | community for ethnic minority students (open to all)
- Ateneum | conservative society
- 180 Degrees Consulting, Lund Branch | cooperates with socially conscious organisations
- East Asia Student Association, EASA | platform for students interested in the East Asian region
- FEMJUR Lund (in Swedish) | feminist society for law students
- Hållbart universitet | sustainable university
- Liberala studenter, LSF | liberal society
- Lunds akademiska officerssällskap, LAOS (in Swedish) | defence and safety
- Lunds socialdemokratiska studentklubb | social democratic society
- Lunds universitets Politiska och Ekonomiska Förening, LUPEF | politics, economy and society
- Lund University Finance Society, LINC | finance society
- Moderata Studenter (in Swedish) | conservative society
- Naturskyddsföreningen i Lund, LNF | nature conservation
- Projekt Sex, P6 | sexual health
- South Asian Student Association (UTSAV) | an international community that celebrates South Asian food, culture, and experiences
- Studentafton | forum for speech and debate with prominent Swedish and international guests
- Swedish Development Forum, FUF Lund | global development
- Tamam (in Swedish) | friendship without borders
- Utrikespolitiska föreningen, UPF | foreign affairs
- Vänsterns studentförbund (in Swedish) | socialist society
- Agape Lund | Christian student society
- Credo Lund | Christian student society
- Debora (in Swedish) | Christian and feminist student society
- DOMINO Students in Lund | Catholic student society
- Kriss (in Swedish) | ecumenical Christian society
- Laurentiistiftelsen (in Swedish) | Christian hall of residence
- Theofil (in Swedish) | theology student's society
- LUGI handball (in Swedish)
- LUGI water polo
- Lunds akademiska ryttarsällskap, LARS | horse riding
- Lunds extremsportarsällskap, LESS | extreme sports
- Lund Lacrosse
- Lunds Universitets Roddklubb, LURK | rowing
In Helsingborg, the student organisation Stampus offers volleyball, basketball, football and floorball.
- Erasmus Student Network Lund, ESN | organises trips and other activities
- Personalvetare i Lund, PiL (in Swedish) | human resources
- Samhällsplanerare i Lund, SPiL (in Swedish) | community planning
- Scientific Women’s Academic Network, SWAN | people in the natural sciences
- SjöLund, Sjöofficerscorpsen vid Lunds universitet (in Swedish) | naval society
- Studentinfo | gift shop and student information
- Synaps – Life Science Connect Lund | connects life science students with industry and organises career events
Do you want to set up a non-profit organisation for students? The Academic Society offers advice and support.
If you would like your new (or existing) student association to be listed on this page, send us a request at editors [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se (editors[at]kommunikation[dot]lu[dot]se). Include some brief information about the association's main focus and goals, as well as a link to its website and/or social media account (which should be updated regularly so that we can continue to link to it).
Remember to be inclusive on your channels and provide information in English that is tailored to international students who may want to join.
Lund University is not responsible for the content of external websites or social media linked to student associations.
Student organisations are sometimes featured in our student blogs and podcast episodes:
You may also be interested in: