Fine and performing arts
Lund University offers several international programmes and specialisations within fine and performing arts. These are offered at the Malmö Art Academy and the Malmö Academy of Music. Some of the links below will take you to the academies' websites, where you can read more and find application deadlines and specific instructions on how to apply.
Master's programmes in fine and performing arts
Performance Programme, Theater
Performance Programme, Church Music, Organ and Keyboard
- Performance Programme, Church Music, Organ and Keyboard – mhm.lu.se (not offered in English in the autumn 2022 application round)
Performance Programme, Church Music, Organ and Keyboard, fact sheet (PDF, new window)
Performance Programme, Music, with several specialisation options
- Performance Programme, Composition
- Performance Programme, Guitar
- Performance Programme, Harpsichord
- Performance Programme, Jazz Improvisation
- Performance Programme, Piano
- Performance Programme, Recorder
- Performance Programme, Symphony Orchestra Instrument
- Performance Programme, Vocal Studies
- Performance Programme, Vocal and Drama Studies
- Performance Programme, Scoring for Film and Media
- Performance Programme, Music Drama – Répétiteur
Performance Programme, Diploma of Excellence
- Performance programmes at the Master's level on the Malmö Academy of Music website
- All Master's programmes taught in English at Lund University
Bachelor's programmes in fine and performing arts
The application deadline for degree programmes taught at Malmö Art Academy and Malmö Academy of Music usually differ from the other Master's programmes at Lund University. It is therefore important that you check application instructions and updates on the academies' webpages, in addition to the information on the Lund University website and the University Admissions in Sweden website.
- Application instructions on the Malmö Art Academy website
- Application instructions on the Malmö Academy of Music website
- Application instructions on the Lund University website
Studying at the Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts
The Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts is located in the city of Malmö and consists of Malmö Art Academy, Malmö Academy of Music and Malmö Theatre Academy. A broad and varied number of courses, study programmes and specialisations are offered within the different academies. The programmes combine theoretical studies with practice, and educate artists, musicians and actors possessing a high level of artistic and professional ability. A number of prominent artists, both in Sweden and internationally, have studied at Lund University’s Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts.
Applicants undergo an extensive admission process. In order to be admitted, both skills, talent and motivation are required. As a successful candidate you can expect a unique opportunity to do what you are passionate about in a stimulating environment.
Both practice and guidance are necessary for students to develop their artistry, and we consider it important that our lecturers and teachers combine their teaching with being practising artists, musicians and actors. Independent work is also emphasised and there is a good access of studios and practice rooms at each Academy.
Participation in and interaction with the surrounding cultural life is prioritised. Students participate in various public exhibitions, concerts and performances. These are often highly appreciated and well attended, both by local people and other students. Malmö Academy of Theatre has its own theatre in connection with its premises, Malmö Academy of Art presents its own exhibitions in its student gallery and Malmö Academy of Music arranges over 200 concerts a year.
Together the academies also run Inter Arts Centre (IAC), a centre for research and experimentation. The environment at the centre is intended to offer opportunities for interdisciplinary projects between visual art, music and theatre, but also projects in collaboration with artists outside the departments.
All three academies have active networks with international artists, musicians and performers as guest lecturers. You therefore have great opportunities to make valuable contacts for the future.
When to apply for studies in fine and performing arts
Please check the academies' webpages for application instructions and deadlines:
Ask a question
Questions about study opportunities and how to apply? Submit your questions through this form and we will be happy to assist you!