Your browser has javascript turned off or blocked. This will lead to some parts of our website to not work properly or at all. Turn on javascript for best performance.

The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Application fee

To University Admissions in Sweden

Please note

We are experiencing a temporary technical issue causing some of our emails to end up in the spam folder of the recipients. If you have contacted us recently and not received a reply, please check your spam folder.

When you apply to a Lund University programme or course you generally need to make your application on Sweden's national university application website:

As part of this process, citizens of countries outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland must pay an application fee of SEK 900 (approximately EUR 90) to University Admissions in Sweden.

You pay one application fee per semester, regardless of how many programmes or courses you apply to. You must pay the application fee before the deadline, as set by University Admissions in Sweden, in order for your application to be processed and considered. Note that if you are already registered at a university in Sweden when you make your application, you may be exempt from the application fee.

Citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland do not need to pay an application fee. However, you must provide proof of your citizenship (and fee-exempt status). You can either send a copy of your passport page by regular post to University Admissions in Sweden or upload a scanned copy of your original document on This must be received before the document deadline.

More information about the application fee and exemptions can be found at the University Admissions in Sweden website:

Contact information

University Admissions in Sweden

To check who must pay application and tuition fees refer to official information from University Admissions in Sweden.


Swedish Migration Agency

For questions concerning citizenship status and residence permit status, please contact the Swedish Migration Agency.

Visit the Migration Agency website