Exchange and study abroad
Lund University is a world top 100 university and the most popular choice for international students coming to study in Sweden.
We are experiencing a temporary technical issue causing some of our emails to end up in the spam folder of the recipients. If you have contacted us recently and not received a reply, please check your spam folder.
Located in southern Sweden, just 40 minutes from Copenhagen, Lund University gives international exchange and study abroad students the chance to experience:
- An education from one of the world's top 100 universities and one of Northern Europe's largest, oldest and most comprehensive universities.
- A different style of teaching and learning that facilitates independent thinking, research and group work – skills valuable for your future studies and employment.
- An international network – meet students from all over the world at Lund University and enhance your cultural perspectives.
- Specialised courses from within your discipline which may not be offered at your home university.
- A study destination without the language barrier – English is widely spoken here (90% of Swedes are fluent).
- A new language – students can study Swedish language courses or join informal language classes during their exchange/study abroad period.
- The best student city in Sweden with the unique combination of 13 student nations (large social clubs), an academic society and student unions organising events and activities year round.
- Travel around Europe – Lund is just 40 minutes by train to Copenhagen airport, a major European hub.
The video below gives a lively impression of what it can be like to study at Lund University as an international exchange student.
Students studying at one of our partner universities with a formal bilateral student exchange agreement have the opportunity to be nominated by their home university for an exchange period at Lund University. The exchange period can be for one or two semesters (a half year or whole year).
In contrast to exchange studies, the term Study Abroad is used for a tuition-based, one-way mobility programme. This includes tailored course packages and programmes for universities, national scholarship programmes or other organisations which enable their students to study for a short-course, one semester or up to a one-year period at Lund University. We also offer course packages that are open to individual students who wish to have a unique study abroad period at Lund University.