Lund University Global Scholarship
For high achieving students from across the globe
We are experiencing a temporary technical issue causing some of our emails to end up in the spam folder of the recipients. If you have contacted us recently and not received a reply, please check your spam folder.
About the Lund University Global Scholarship programme
- Approximately SEK 15 million (€1.5 million / US $1.8 million) awarded in scholarship grants each year
- To enable students to start their studies despite the financial hardship brought by the Covid-19 pandemic, Lund University dedicated extra funds to scholarships for the academic years of 2020 and 2021 and a total of approximately SEK 21 million (€2.1 million / US $2.5 million) and 20 million (€2 million / US $2.4 million) were awarded for these years respectively.
- A selective, merit-based scholarship to recognise top academic students from outside the EU/EEA
As a top 100 university and ranked in the top 0.4% of universities in the world, Lund University attracts high achieving students from across the globe. The Lund University Global Scholarship programme seeks to recognise these students by awarding academic excellence grants.
Scholarship recipients have a proven record of achieving consistently high grades in their previous studies and are assessed as being a good fit for our programmes. The scholarship is selective, competitive and merit-based.
Scholarship grants may cover partial or up to the full tuition fee. The scholarship percentage awarded depends on budget available to the programme/faculty. It has no reflection on the students' academic level of excellence. Please note that scholarships are toward tuition fees only and that living costs are not covered. Scholarship recipients must still be able to fund their living costs, as per the requirements of the Swedish Migration Agency.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a country from outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland) and are required to pay a tuition fee
- You have made a complete application for Bachelor's or Master's level studies at Lund University in a regular application round for a minimum of one semester of study (30 ECTS). Note that priority is given to students who have ranked a programme at Lund University as the first choice in their application at universityadmissions.se.
If you are a current student already studying at Lund University, please refer to the information about scholarships for current students.
Please do not apply if:
- You do not meet the admission requirements to Lund University
- You have not selected a Lund University programme/course as your first choice/choices at universityadmissions.se
- You cannot secure the funding needed to cover living costs, as required by the Swedish Migration Agency
When and how to apply
The Lund University scholarship will open during the first week of February and the deadline to apply is 15 February 2022. The application should be made through the link below. Please check back here during the first week of February!
Lund University Global Scholarship – Application (scholarship.se)
To be able to apply and be considered for a Lund University Global Scholarship, you must first have applied to the programme(s) or free-standing course(s) you wish to study at Lund University. You do this through the online, national application website – www.universityadmissions.se – during the application period. Once you have made a complete application to a degree programme or free-standing courses of at least 30 ECTS credits, and have paid the application fee, you will be able to apply for the scholarship. Note that the scholarship portal is different from the national application portal for studies. The link to the scholarship application portal is published here on this web page during the scholarship application period.
(*If you are applying to a programme in Fine Art or Music or applying in the later application round, March–April, you will be contacted via email regarding when and how to apply for the scholarship)
As part of the online scholarship application, you need to upload your personal 'scholarship motivation letter' (maximum 600 words) in the scholarship application portal. Please note that the scholarship motivation letter is different from any statement of purpose you may be required to submit as part of your programme-specific application documents. Your scholarship motivation letter should explain why your academic performance and reasons for applying to Lund University make you a suitable potential recipient for a Lund University Global Scholarship.
You can only apply for one Lund University Global Scholarship for the programmes or courses that you have selected at Lund University in a specific application round. However, it is possible for you to apply to other scholarships, for example the Swedish Institute scholarships, in addition.
Selection process – based on academic merits
The selection process for scholarships is undertaken in parallel with the programme/course selection process. Priority will be given to students with high academic performance, who are assessed as a good fit for the programme, who demonstrate a strong commitment and desire to study at Lund University and have selected a programme/course at Lund University as their first choice/choices when applying at www.universityadmissions.se.
As the scholarship is merit based only, no consideration is taken of the students' financial needs in the selection process.