The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Student rights and guidelines

Student rights may involve things such as student participation, students' work environment, how to conduct exams and degree projects and much more. Your rights and responsibilities as a student towards the University and your department are governed by university policies and national laws and regulations.

Students talking in front of the Faculty of Law
Students and teachers at the Faculty of Law.

The list of student rights and responsibilities

The list of student rights and responsibilities applies to all Lund University students at the Bachelor's and Master's level. Note that specific regulations and guidelines apply for doctoral students.

About doctoral education on Lund University’s Staff Pages

The document covers eight topics

  • Study environment
  • Registration of course participation and exam results
  • Course planning and timetabling
  • Compulsory components
  • Examination
  • Academic papers (independent project, degree project)
  • Course evaluations
  • Responsibility

See the list of student rights and responsibilities (PDF 3.22 MB, new tab)

Exemptions from specific points in the List of Rights

According to point 8.3 of the List of Rights, exemptions may be granted by the chair of the university-wide Education Board following a request from a faculty board.

All documents below open in a new tab.

Complaints about studies or discrimination

How to get help or make a complaint

Contact information

International Desk
International Desk 

Student unions

The student unions

The student unions' umbrella organisation LUS' website

Lund University Student Ombudsman

Student ombudsman website
Email: studentombud [at] lus [dot] lu [dot] se

Student Affairs
Oskar Cornelius
Email: oskar [dot] cornelius [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se