Student rights and guidelines
Student rights may involve things such as student participation, students' work environment, how to conduct exams and degree projects and much more. Your rights and responsibilities as a student towards the University and your department are governed by university policies and national laws and regulations.
The list of student rights and responsibilities
The list of student rights and responsibilities applies to all Lund University students at the Bachelor's and Master's level. Note that specific regulations and guidelines apply for doctoral students.
The document covers eight topics
- Study environment
- Registration of course participation and exam results
- Course planning and timetabling
- Compulsory components
- Academic papers (independent project, degree project)
- Course evaluations
Exemptions from specific points in the List of Rights
According to point 8.3 of the List of Rights, exemptions may be granted by the chair of the university-wide Education Board following a request from a faculty board.
All documents below open in a new tab.
- Decision about exemptions for the Faculty of Engineering, LTH (PDF 233 kB)
- Decision about exemptions for the Joint Faculties of Humanities and Theology (PDF 263 kB)
- Decision about exemptions for the Faculty of Medicine (PDF 265 kB)
Complaints about studies or discrimination
Lund University Student Ombudsman
Student ombudsman website
Email: studentombud [at] lus [dot] lu [dot] se
Email: oskar [dot] johansson [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se