Writing sessions with the Academic Support Centre
Each semester, the Academic Support Centre arranges a number of writing sessions for students. On this page, you can learn more about what is offered and how to sign up.
Writing sessions: support during the writing process
Do you find the writing process challenging and sometimes lonely? In that case, we recommend that you participate in our writing sessions.
Bring something you are writing (or should be writing) to the writing session and find a community of other writers working on similar projects.
We will provide a workplace, a writing community and language and study consultants in case you would like to ask questions along the way.
Writing sessions during the autumn semester 2022
The writing sessions during the autumn semester take place at the dates and times below. The writing sessions are held in both Swedish and English, but you are welcome to all of them no matter what language you write in.
The following writing sessions will be held in English:
- Tuesday 25 October, 14:00–17:00 (Genetikhuset in Lund)
- Wednesday 26 October, 14:00–17:00 (Campus Helsingborg)
- Tuesday 15 November, 14:00–17:00 (Genetikhuset in Lund)
- Wednesday 30 November, 14:00–17:00 (Zoom)
The following writing sessions will be held in Swedish:
- Tuesday 18 October, 14:00–17:00 (Genetikhuset in Lund)
- Wednesday 19 October, 14:00–17:00 (Campus Helsingborg)
- Wednesday 23 November, 16:00–18:00 (Zoom)
- Wednesday 14 December, 16:00–18:00 (Zoom)
The writing sessions will take place at Genetikhuset in Lund, at Campus Helsingborg or via Zoom. You will receive further information and a meeting link (if applicable) after you have signed up.
Sign up for a writing session
You can sign up for our writing sessions by emailing us at one of the email addresses below. Please indicate in your email which session or sessions you would like to sign up for.
Remember that one of the main purposes of the sessions is to foster a sense of writing community, and therefore, it is important to remain for the duration of the writing session.
- To sign up for writing sessions held in English, send us an email at english [dot] support [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se.
- To sign up for writing sessions held in Swedish, send us an email at studieverkstad [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se.
First come, first served!
You can make an appointment with us through our booking system TimeCenter.
Open for appointments Monday–Friday.
Staff at the Academic Support Centre
Atli Dungal Sigurdsson
Genetikhuset, rooms 219–222
Sölvegatan 29B, Lund
Find the Academic Support Centre on Google Maps
Universitetsplatsen 2, Helsingborg
Find Campus Helsingborg on Google maps
Academic Support Centre
221 00 Lund
english [dot] support [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se