The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

When you have returned

Share your experiences

Once you have returned to Sweden after your studies abroad, it is important that your credits get transferred and that you fill in a student report. If you miss the international atmosphere upon your return, you can become a mentor for international students coming to Lund.

Exchange students holding up a pancake during a skiing break

Transcript from the host university and credit transfer

Upon completion of your studies, your transcript (grades) will be sent to your coordinator at Lund University. This often takes 1–5 months after you have completed your studies at the host university. Your coordinator will contact you when it has arrived. Some universities do not send a paper version but choose to send a digital version instead. Do not forget to immediately give your faculty access to the transcript if this is the case, so the credits from your exchange studies can be transferred to Ladok. Credit transfer is processed by the study advisor/programme director or the faculty’s international office. As soon as the credit transfer is complete and entered in Ladok, CSN can access the information.  

Fill in a student report

Your experiences abroad are valuable both to other outgoing students and to coordinators and contract managers at Lund University. After returning home, you will therefore need to fill in a student report. You will receive reminders about this via email.

See travel reports from Lund University students on

Become an international mentor

Do you miss the international atmosphere? Get involved as an international mentor here at Lund and help newly arrived international students settle in.

Why and how to become an international mentor

Help and support

Do you have feelings and emotions that are difficult to sort out after your exchange and do you need some support to adjust to your life in Sweden once you are back? In that case, you are welcome to reach out to the counsellors at the Student Health Centre.

Find contact details for the Student Health Centre

Exchange studies and your future career

If you feel you could use a sounding board for your thoughts on how to use your newly gained experiences in your future career, you can contact a study and career advisor at your faculty.