The Academic Support Centre
The Academic Support Centre (ASC) aims to foster and promote good communication and study practices among students across Lund University.
Online or telephone meetings due to the coronavirus
To prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the Academic Support Centre is cancelling all physical meetings until further notice and switching to online or telephone meetings. You book the meetings in the usual way by completing an online form (see below).
Services at the Academic Support Centre
We are a free service open to all students studying courses and programmes conducted in English at Lund University. We provide individual and group consultations (including feedback on texts), workshops and seminars on topics in three areas:
1. Academic texts and the writing process
- Drafting and argument-building
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Clarifying and cohering
2. Speaking and presentation skills
- Structuring an effective presentation
- Using visual aids
- Overcoming nervousness
- Delivery practice
- Pronunciation and prosody
3. Reading and study skills
- Time management and prioritising
- Thinking critically
- Reading strategies
Make an appointment
The ASC is open for appointments Monday–Friday.
- To make an appointment, please use our online booking form (new window)
- Learn more about appointments at the Academic Support Centre
Lectures, workshops and writing groups
- Lectures and seminars at the ASC
- Write Nights for students
- Write Days for PhD students
- Feedback groups for PhD students
Support for students studying in Swedish
If you are studying courses or a programme at Lund University with Swedish as the language of instruction, please contact 'Studieverkstaden', our parallel organisation.
Academic Support Centre
english [dot] support [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
Lund: +46 (0)46 222 3695
Helsingborg: +46 (0)72 450 6352
Visiting address, Lund:
Sölvegatan 29B, Lund
Visiting address, Helsingborg:
How to make an appointment
Appointments at the Academic Support Centre
Find tips and resources to help with your academic writing, presentation and study skills.