Apply for your degree certificate
When you have completed your studies at Lund University, you can apply for your degree certificate.
The degree certificate is issued upon your request by the Degree Office once your studies are completed. The degree certificate is a document written in both Swedish and English. It shows the title of your degree (e.g. Bachelor of Science) and your major field as well as all the courses included. An appendix called the Diploma Supplement is also enclosed.
The Diploma Supplement (DS) is issued in English, is given automatically and is free of charge to every student upon graduation. It describes your education; its nature, level, content and place in the Swedish higher education system. The DS also helps to improve academic recognition and international comparability of your degree and facilitates mobility either for postgraduate studies or employment.
Before you apply, please check that your contact details (including your personal number and home address) are correct and updated in Ladok.
How to apply for a degree certificate
Online applications through Ladok
Most students can apply for their degree certificate online, through Ladok.
Before you apply, consult the Student Portal and make sure that everything has been reported in Ladok. Contact your programme's institution if something happens to be missing.
- Log in to Ladok.
- Click on 'Degrees and certificates' in the main menu.
- Click 'Apply' to apply for your degree certificate.
Note that you need to apply for your certificate through an application form if you:
- Have studied at Bachelor's or Master's level at the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Medicine or at Malmö Art Academy. Please turn directly to your faculty officers to request a degree certificate.
Engineering students can find information about their degree application on the Faculty's website
- Have studied a Master's degree at the Faculty of Law. Fill in and submit an application form to the Degree Office, together with any accompanying documents (instructions are found in the application form below).
- Do not have a student account.
- Want to apply for a Licentiate or Doctoral degree certificate. If you want to apply for a third cycle degree from the Faculty of Law or the Faculty of Medicine, you can turn directly to your faculty office. If you want to apply for a third cycle degree from any other faculty, please fill in and submit an application form to the Degree Office, together with any accompanying documents (instructions are found in the application form below).
- Application form for degree certificate – Bachelor's and Master's (PDF 85 kB, new tab)
- Application form for degree certificate – Licentiate and Doctoral (PDF 100 kB, new tab)
The processing time may vary depending on our workload and the nature of your application. The current processing time is approximately 6–8 weeks.
You are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the information in your application. Keep in mind that incomplete information may delay the processing time or even lead to rejection of your application for a degree certificate.
Need a transcript as well?
examen [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 (0)46 222 0100
Monday–Thursday: 10:00–12:00 and 13:00–15:00
Friday: 10:00–12:00 (Please make an appointment in advance at examen [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se).
Lund, SE-221 00
PO Box 117
Lund, SE-221 00