Management - Master's Programme (One Year)
Master's programme · 1 year · 60 credits
Kick-start your management career with our Master's in Management that will transform you from an ambitious graduate into a successful manager. You will learn to apply the skills you acquire in a range of areas including marketing, strategic management, business consultancy and organisational development.
This extremely intensive, one-year full-time programme prepares recent, non-business graduates for a wide range of careers in management. An emphasis on skills takes students beyond the theory and into the heart of real-life management challenges. You will refine and build upon your communication, teamworking, and presentation skills through individual and group work, and develop your professional skills in decision-making, problem-solving, analysis, and critical reflection. During the studies, you are continuously encouraged to reflect, apply and relate new knowledge to future career ambitions.
Some key elements of the programme are:
- The base team
- The learning journal
- The learning tutorial
- Career coaching
- Shadowing a manager
- The organisation project
- The business game
You may already have career goals in mind or perhaps you are still considering what route, role and environment will best suit you in the business world. Either way, this degree programme will prepare you for leadership in the fast-moving business world. It is driven by a practical and applied teaching philosophy that focuses on experiential learning and development, and you will learn from real-life case studies how to put the latest academic thinking and business strategies into practice.
Your fellow students are high achievers from around the world enriching your learning experience, and high-profile industry leaders regularly speak on campus. The programme has been developed by our renowned faculty in close cooperation with leading companies to ensure that it provides highly relevant transferable skills and knowledge for the workplace and beyond.
The programme is designed for students that already hold a recent first degree in a subject matter other than business or management, looking to develop key managerial skills.
International Master Class
Students with exceptional study results during the first semester at this programme, may compete for seats at the International Master Class (IMC) programme. An International Master Class is a highly competitive opportunity to go on an exchange semester after finishing your Master’s studies at LUSEM.
The programme has been developed in extensive consultation with top recruiters and the curriculum focuses on the knowledge and skills that employers demand. It provides knowledge and experiences that will prepare graduates for future management positions.
Among the major companies that have recruited from the School of Economics and Management you will notice Alfa Laval, Deloitte, IKEA, L’Oréal, McKinsey, Tetra Pak and Unilever. Our dedicated careers service will help you present yourself with confidence to top employers.
Open for applicationsApplication opportunities
This programme is open for applications from 17 October to 16 January.
Chat with a student ambassadors about this programme and student life at Lund University
Email: master [at] fek [dot] lu [dot] se
Requirements and selection
An undergraduate degree (BA/BSc) with a major in a subject matter other than business administration or management. English 6
English language requirements
Most of Lund University’s programmes require English Level 6 (unless otherwise stated under 'Entry requirements'). This is the equivalent of an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 90. There are several ways to prove your English language proficiency – check which proof is accepted at the University Admissions in Sweden website. All students must prove they meet English language requirements by the deadline, in order to be considered for admission.
Check if there are any country-specific eligibility rules for you to study Bachelor's or Master's studies in Sweden:
How to apply
Lund University uses a national application system run by University Admissions in Sweden. It is only possible to apply during the application periods.
Step 1: Apply online
- Check that you meet the entry requirements of the programme or course you are interested in (refer to the section above on this webpage).
- Start your application – go to the University Admissions in Sweden website where you create an account and select programmes/courses during the application period.
Visit the University Admissions in Sweden website
- Rank your programme/course choices in order of preference and submit them before the application deadline.
Step 2: Submit documents
- Read about how to document your eligibility and how to submit your documents at the University Admissions in Sweden website. Follow any country-specific document rules for Master's studies or Bachelor's studies
Country-specific requirements for Bachelor's studies – universityadmissions.se
Country-specific requirements for Master's studies – universityadmissions.se
- Get all your documents ready:
- official transcripts and high school diploma (Bachelor's applicants)
- official transcripts and degree certificate or proof of expected graduation (Master's applicants)
- passport/ID (all applicants) and
- proof of English proficiency (all applicants).
- Prepare programme-specific documents if stated in the next paragraph on this webpage.
- Upload or send all required documents to University Admissions before the document deadline.
- Pay the application fee (if applicable – refer to the section below on this webpage) before the document deadline.
* Note that the process is different if you are applying as an exchange student or as a part of a cooperation programme (such as Erasmus+).
* If you have studied your entire Bachelor's programme in Sweden and all of your academic credits are in Ladok, you do not have to submit transcripts or your diploma when applying for a Master's programme. However, there may still be other documents you need to submit! See the link below.
* Svensk student?
Läs instruktionerna om att söka till ett internationellt masterprogram på lu.se
In addition to the documents mentioned under Step 2, you must also submit a CV and a statement of purpose when you apply to this programme. See the School of Economics and Management website for further instructions.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 130 000
First payment: SEK 65 000
Citizens of a country outside of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are required to pay tuition fees. You pay one instalment of the tuition fee in advance of each semester.
EU/EEA citizens and Switzerland
There are no tuition fees for citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
If you are required to pay tuition fees, you are generally also required to pay an application fee of SEK 900 when you apply at the University Admissions in Sweden website. You pay one application fee regardless of how many programmes or courses you apply to.
- Paying your application fee – universityadmissions.se
- Exemptions from paying the application fee – universityadmissions.se
- Convert currency – xe.com
*Note that there are no tuition or application fees for exchange students or doctoral/PhD students, regardless of their nationality.
Scholarships & funding
Lund University Global Scholarship programme
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Swedish Institute Scholarships
The Swedish Institute offers scholarships to international students applying for studies in Sweden at Master's level.
Country-specific scholarships and funding options
Lund University has agreements with scholarship organisations and funding bodies in different countries, which may allow applicants to apply for funding or scholarships in their home countries for their studies at Lund University.
Scholarships for the Master's Programme in Management
The Söderberg Scholarship is an academic excellence award that targets top students who are applying for the Master's Programme in Management. Two full tuition fees scholarships are available.