The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Support for students and staff

Support for students and staff at the University

Many people are currently experiencing great anxiety as a result of the ongoing wars and disruptive incidents in the world. As a student or staff member at Lund University, there are several forms of counselling and support available to you.

Shortcuts to page content:

Advice and tips for managing anxiety

It is understandable and entirely normal to feel anxious, sad or angry at this time. Here are some tips from the Student Health Centre and the Occupational Health Service on how to take care of yourself and manage your anxiety effectively.

There is nothing shameful, morbid or abnormal about reacting with worry or anxiety. It can be uncomfortable, but it does not mean that everything you worry about will happen. Your experiences will also change over time.

Be with people you like and get support from them. It is often helpful to put your worries into words and talk about them with others. It can also be reassuring to focus on and talk about other things.

Make sure you eat, sleep and exercise regularly.

Focus on activities that you know will make you feel better. Give yourself permission to think about something else.

It is common to feel powerless during a major crisis. However, it may feel useful to do what you can. Examples include donating money or getting involved in other ways.

If you feel that news and social media content makes you anxious, you may want to limit the amount of news you read.

There are some common, but unhelpful, coping strategies that you should avoid when you feel worried.

These strategies may include using alcohol, drugs or tranquillisers to cope with the situation.

Similarly, some people are tempted to withdraw from activities, family and friends.

Contact the Student Health Centre, the Occupational Health Service or public healthcare if you are experiencing major difficulties or need advice.

This may be the case if you

  • feel very depressed, anxious or isolated
  • have trouble sleeping (insomnia), or
  • find it difficult to study or work.

See below for contact information.

Emergency information from Swedish authorities

The website provides up-to-date information from the Swedish authorities in times of crisis (both in Sweden and internationally). It also offers support to those who feel worried and anxious.

Emergency information from Swedish authorities –

If you are abroad

If you are abroad in connection with your studies or work at Lund University at a time of unrest, see here: 

Students: If something happens while you are abroad

Staff: In case of emergency while travelling –

Contact information for support and advice

The Student Health Centre offers individual counselling sessions in order to help students in need.

For more information about accessing public health care, see our healthcare page.

Contact the International Desk if you have any practical questions or need general information from the University. 

The Occupational Health Service offers individual counselling sessions in order to help staff members in need.

The University's Multifaith Chaplaincy offers support and comfort to all students and staff, regardless of faith or belief. 

More information and contact details for the student chaplains:

Contact person: Jan Kjellström
Email: jan [dot] kjellstrom [at] svenskakyrkan [dot] se (jan[dot]kjellstrom[at]svenskakyrkan[dot]se)
Telephone: +46 (0)70 422 29 97