The University Management
The management of Lund University is composed of:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Three Pro Vice-Chancellors
- University Director
- Senior Advisor to the Vice-Chancellor
The vice-chancellor is appointed by the Government for a maximum of six years after a proposal from the University Board and is the University’s highest executive and principal representative. The vice-chancellor’s responsibilities include ensuring the achievement of the goals set by the University Board. Lund University’s vice-chancellor for the term of office from 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2020 is Torbjörn von Schantz.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
The deputy vice-chancellor is appointed by the University Board for a maximum of six years. Sylvia Schwaag Serger is deputy vice-chancellor from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2020.
The Pro Vice-Chancellors
Three pro vice-chancellors are appointed by the vice-chancellor:
- Bo Ahrén is pro vice-chancellor with special responsibility for external engagement. Read more about Pro Vice-Chancellor Bo Ahrén
- Bo-Anders Jönsson is pro vice-chancellor with special responsibility for postgraduate education, extended recruitment and quality assurance. Read more about Pro Vice-Chancellor Bo-Anders Jönsson
- Stacey Ristinmaa Sörensen is pro vice-chancellor with special responsibility for research and research infrastructure. Read more about Pro Vice-Chancellor Stacey Ristinmaa Sörensen
The University Director
The university director is Susanne Kristensson. The university director is responsible for university administration and finances on behalf of the vice-chancellor, and for the duties of the University’s central administration.
The Senior Advisor to the Vice-Chancellor
Torun Forslid is senior advisor to the vice-chancellor. She mainly prepares and pursues issues pertaining to the vice-chancellor and is responsible for coordination within the university management.
+46 (0)46 222 0000 (tel)
+46 (0)46 222 4720 (fax)
Box 117, SE-221 00