Rooms for reflection and contemplation
Rooms for reflection and contemplation are non-bookable spaces within the University that provide opportunities for meditation, reflection or prayer. The rooms are open to students and staff of the University, regardless of faith or belief.
The University's rooms for reflection and contemplation can be used for a variety of activities that require particular silence, such as meditation, prayer and the like.
You are welcome to bring personal items such as books, yoga mats or prayer mats into the rooms.
The rooms are for everyone, regardless of religion or other belief, gender, transgender identity or expression, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or age.
The rooms for reflection and contemplation are located at:
- The School of Economics and Management (LUSEM), room EC2:141, Tycho Brahes väg 1, Lund
- The Centre for Languages and Literature (SOL), room SOL:A022 (basement in Absalon), Helgonabacken 12, Lund
- Campus Helsingborg, room C229, Universitetsplatsen 2, Helsingborg.
Please note that rooms cannot be booked or locked and that you may need to share it with others.
Code of conduct for the rooms
To ensure that everyone feels comfortable, the following rules apply:
- It is not allowed to:
- eat in the room – all food consumption is prohibited
- use the room as a meeting or study room
- light candles or incense in the room.
- Leave your shoes at the door in the designated place.
- Turn off your mobile phone (or use silent mode) so as not to disturb others.
- Do not leave personal items, such as books, yoga mats or prayer mats in the room.
Find our rooms for reflection and contemplation
Use the links below to find the locations of the University's rooms for reflection and contemplation.
The links will take you to Google Maps.